- 30 g raw unsalted peanuts
- 6 sprigs fresh mint, leaves only
- 12 sprigs fresh coriander, leaves only
- 5 fresh Kaffir lime leaves (cut into very thin slices)
- 2-3 fresh red chillies, deseeded, if preferred, and cut into thin slices
- 6 spring onions/shallots, cut into thin slices
- 1 1/2 tbsp fish sauce
- 25 g palm sugar
- 1 1/2 limes, juice only, to taste
- 1 stalk fresh lemongrass, cut into halves
- 1 lemon, zested, no white pith and juiced
- 1 1/2 tsp dried chilli flakes
- 30 g olive oil
- 2 pinches Freshly ground black pepper
- 32 raw peeled prawns, tails intact
- 500 g water
Place peanuts into mixing bowla dn chop 3 sec/speed 5. Transfer into a bowl and set aside.
Place mint and coriander into mxing bowl and chop 3 sec/speed 7. Transfer into a large serving bowl
Place all remaining salad ingredients into serving bowl and toss to combine, then set aside. Clean and dry mixing bowl.
Place all dressing ingredients into mixing bowl and mix 15 sec/speed 7. Transfer into a bowl and set aside. Clean and dry mixing bowl.
Place lemongrass and lemon zest into mixing bowl and chop 3 sec/speed 7. Scrape down sides of mixing bowl with spatula.
Add lemon juice, chilli flakes, oil and pepper and mix 10 sec/speed 10. Transfer into a bowl. Add prawns to bowl and gently combine to coat. Set bowl aside.
Place water into mixing bowl and heat 5 min/Varoma/speed 1. Place Varoma into position and divide prawns evenly between Varoma dish and tray. Secure Varoma lid and steam 3 min/Varoma/speed 1.
Stir prawns with aid of spatula to ensure even cooking. Secure Varoma lid and steam for a further 3 min/Varoma/speed 1 or until prawns are just cooked (see Tips). Transfer into bowl with dressing and toss gently to coat.
Add prawns to serving bowl with reserved salad and sprinkle with reserved peanuts just before serving.
Steaming times for prawns will vary depending on the size of the prawns.
Recipe contributed by Brett McGregor.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Tuna mornay
- Prawn, mango, avocado and chilli salad
- LCHF Salmon Rissoles, Gluten Free
- Basic tuna mornay with Pasta
- German Tuna Salad = fresh and delicious
- Tuna and Sweetcorn Casserole(or ramekin)
- Tuna curry pasta bake with hidden vegetables
- Tuna and Rice Bake
- AIP Ginger Lemon Salmon - Autoimmune Protocol
- Super Easy Tuna Bake
- Gulai Tumis (Nyonya Fish Curry)
- Soba noodle and tofu salad
- Rosemary and sea salt crackers
- Breakfast bars
- Turkey patties
- Cheesecake with meringue topping (Sernik Rosa)
- Peanut butter gelato
- Sticky bottom dumplings
- Caramel and macadamia cheesecake
- Baked cherry crumble cheesecake
- Strawberry champagne cocktail
- Mimosa Float
- Gingerbread ice cream
- Spanish Gazpacho
- Capsicum & Zucchini Seed Crackers
- Sugar free currant jelly (baby friendly)
- Crabapple Jelly
- Broccoli & Blue Cheese Soup
- Moroccan spiced cauliflower & almond soup
- Prunus Plum Jam
- Mocha Frappe
- Soba noodle and tofu salad
- Banoffee Protein Shake
- TM5 Spaghetti Carbonara Basic Chip Variation