- 230 grams SR flour
- 60 grams Butter, chilled
- 110 grams buttermilk
- pinch salt
- Small handful of Italian parsley
- 2 onions, halved
- 3 cloves garlic
- 50 grams oil
- 600 grams diced beef
- 600 grams water
- 2 tablespoons TM stock concentrate
- 3 --- carrots, sliced
- 180 grams frozen baby peas
- 70 grams tomato paste
- 2 bay leaves
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
1h 25minPreparation 15minBaking/Cooking 1h 10min
8Recipe is created for
Before preparing dumplings, chop parsley by placing in TM bowl and chopping for 4 seconds on speed 6. Set aside.
Without washing the bowl, place all dumpling ingredients into the TM bowl and mix for 20-30 seconds on speed 5 until dough forms a ball.
Roll dumplings into nugget size balls and place in the Varoma tray, leaving space to expand. Set aside.
Without washing the bowl, place onion, garlic and oil into the TM bowl and chop for 3 seconds on speed 6. Saute for 3 minutes/ Varoma / speed 2.
Add beef and cook for a further 2 minutes a/ Varoma / reverse / speed 1.
Add remaining ingredients except parsley and frozen peas and cook for 40 minutes/ 80 degrees/reverse/speed soft.
Place Varoma with dumplings into position and cook for a further 25 minutes/Varoma temperature/Reverse/speed soft, adding peas after 15 minutes.
Remove bay leaves, add parsley and adjust seasoning as required. Serve dumplings on top of each serving of stew.
Beef Stew with Buttermilk Dumplings
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Capsicum and lamb stir fry
- Turkey patties
- Bacon & Chive Cream Cheese Stuffed Chicken with Mushroom Sauce Taela-Made
- Shredded Chicken
- Cheesy Baked Katsu Japanese Curry Taela-Made
- Sweet Curried Sausages
- Hamburger patties
- Simple, healthy San Choy Bau
- LCHF Jalapeno Popper Chicken Casserole
- LCHF Glazed ham
- LCHF Chicken breasts wrapped in bacon, creamy sage & butter sauce
- LCHF Butter Chicken
- Banana Salted nut ice cream
- Vegan Lentil Kidney Bean Shepherd’s Pie
- Spanish Gazpacho
- Capsicum & Zucchini Seed Crackers
- Sugar free currant jelly (baby friendly)
- Pasta Sauce
- Christmas panettone pudding
- Crabapple Jelly
- Raine's TM Vegetable Slice
- Bourbon BBQ Sauce
- Broccoli & Blue Cheese Soup
- Moroccan spiced cauliflower & almond soup