Baba Nada's Fritules (Croatian Mini Doughnuts)
Print recipeBaba Nada's Fritules (Croatian Mini Doughnuts)
Create PDFBaba Nada's Fritules (Croatian Mini Doughnuts)
Reserved for registered members only
Thermomix TM 31
Created: 2012-07-04 12:02
Changed: 2012-07-13 23:33
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix customer and is therefore not tested by Vorwerk Thermomix. Vorwerk Thermomix assumes no liability, particularly in terms of quantities and success. Please observe the application and safety instructions in our manual.
1 lemon rind
1 Orange rind
20 g sugar
2 apples cored and quartered
fresh lemon juice
fresh orange juice
1 egg yolk
300 g Self Raising Flour
200 g water
1 teaspoon cinnamon powder
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
Tia Maria / Brandy Liqueur
130 g sultanas
oil (canola or light olive oil)
Place rind and sugar into mixing bowl 20 sec/speed 9.
2. Add the apples and chop 4 sec/speed 6.
3. Add the juice, egg yolk, flour, water, cinnamon powder, vanilla essence and liqueur and mix 6 sec/speed 6. The texture needs to be on the softer side. If it is too hard add more water.
4. Add sultanas and mix 5 sec//. Set aside for about 10 minutes.
5. In a small saucepan add the oil and deep fry. When the oil is hot enough use a teaspoon of the mixture and place in the hot oil. Cook till light golden colour.
6. Dust Fritule with Dusting Sugar mixture recipe and enjoy them warm as they are delicious!
Together with sultanas you can add bananas and/or pear – whatever you desire!
Corn kernels are a savoury addition to fritules. Dusting sugar recipe: http://www.recipecommunity.com.au/recipes/dusting-sugar-fritules-croatian-mini-doughnuts/46912