Brandy and Green Peppercorn Pate
Print recipeBrandy and Green Peppercorn Pate
Create PDFBrandy and Green Peppercorn Pate
Reserved for registered members only
Thermomix TM 31
Created: 2012-07-20 17:05
Changed: 2012-08-06 16:55
Total time: 1h 10m
12 cocotte dishes or any small ceramic serving dish, tray to get cocottes easily in and out of fridge
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix customer and is therefore not tested by Vorwerk Thermomix. Vorwerk Thermomix assumes no liability, particularly in terms of quantities and success. Please observe the application and safety instructions in our manual.
500 grams chicken livers
1 pinch Thyme (less if dried)
1/2 teaspoon mixed spice
50 grams brandy
2 cloves garlic
100 grams onion (peeled & quartered)
50 grams butter
300 grams lean diced veal (all sinew removed)
30 grams tomato paste
75 grams cream
salt and white pepper
15-30 grams green peppercorns, dried (tinned or bottled and drained)
4-6 cubes ice (small)
Port Wine Jelly
400 grams Port Wine
1 tablespoon Gelatine powder
1. Clean chicken livers by removing sinew from them and cut roughly into 3-4 pieces each. Put in a bowl to marinate with mixed spice, thyme, pepper, bay leaf and brandy.
2. Put garlic and onion into TM bowl and chop for 5 sec on speed 6. Scrape down and repeat if necessary. Scrape down add butter and sauté 4 min on 100 degrees at speed 1.
3. Add diced veal and cook 2 min Varoma temp on reverse speed 1.
4. Add chicken liver mix, tomato paste, cream and salt then blend 20 sec (or until smooth) on speed 7. Now cook 4 min, 100 degrees on speed 4. When finished add 6-4-6 small ice cubes for about 15 sec on speed 3 with MC off to prevent mixture from overcooking. Now add green peppercorns and incorporate at in reverse at speed 3 for 5-10 seconds. Taste and add S&P if necessary.
5. Now spoon into serving dishes (does about 12 cocottes) and press down and put in fridge to cool.
Port Wine Jelly
Once cool put port wine into TM bowl and heat 4 min, 90 degrees at speed 1. Remove lid and sprinkle gelatine on liquid (avoid centre if possible) and now stir 20 sec speed 3 until fully dissolved. Pour into a jug and allow to cool for 5 mins before pouring over individual pates to seal. Return to fridge to set and once set cover with cling film.
Serve with warm toast for an entree or with water crackers for a party.
Ideal for those suffering low iron levels.