Print recipeBushwalker Cookies
Create PDFBushwalker Cookies
Reserved for registered members only
Thermomix TM 31
Created: 2012-07-03 20:31
Changed: 2012-07-03 20:38
Total time: 30m
Preparation time: 5m
Baking time: 25m
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix customer and is therefore not tested by Vorwerk Thermomix. Vorwerk Thermomix assumes no liability, particularly in terms of quantities and success. Please observe the application and safety instructions in our manual.
100 grams butter soft, or margarine
200 grams raw sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla essence
1 tablespoon water
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
150 grams dates chopped in thermomix
150 grams self-raising flour
100 grams rolled oats
30 grams cornflakes
50 grams coconut
1. Preheat oven to 140°C and line or grease baking trays.
2. Chop dates by putting into TM bowl, setting dial to closed lid position and pressing turbo approximately 6 times, until chopped. Set aside.
3. Beat butter and sugar together for 30 seconds on speed 4. Scrape down sides.
4. Add egg, vanilla essence, water and baking soda. Mix for 30 seconds on speed 4.
5. Add remaining ingredients and set dial to closed lid position, mix 30 seconds on interval speed.
6. Roll into balls and flatten onto baking tray.
7. Bake for 20-25 minutes until crisp around the edges.
Add any desired nuts or dried fruits to the mixture such as sunflower seeds, dried apricots, preserved citrus peels or sesame seeds. Preserved ginger is tasty and 1 tablespoon of honey added along with an extra cup of rolled oats is an interesting variation.