Print recipeChicken Marsala
Create PDFChicken Marsala
Reserved for registered members only
Thermomix TM 31
Created: 2012-07-14 15:27
Changed: 2012-07-22 16:24
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix customer and is therefore not tested by Vorwerk Thermomix. Vorwerk Thermomix assumes no liability, particularly in terms of quantities and success. Please observe the application and safety instructions in our manual.
4 sprigs continental parsley
300 g sweet potato peeled and roughly chopped
300 g water
salt to taste
4 free-range chicken thigh fillets, chopped into bite sized pieces trim off any visible fat then roll up
200 g mixed veg of your choice cut into bite sized pieces
1 clove garlic peeled
120 g onion peeled and quartered
10 g olive oil
20 g plain flour
1 tbsp TM stock concentrate
40 g marsala wine
300 g extra water
2 Bacon rashers diced
80 Mls cream
Place chicken thighs in rice basket rolled into roll shapes.
2. With blades spinning on speed 7 drop the parsley in and chop for 2 secs on speed 7. Set aside for garnish.
3. Add sweet potato and chop for 2 secs speed 5. Add salt and water and insert rice (steaming) basket with chicken. Cook for 20 mins VAROMA temperature speed 2.
4. Add any vegetables cut into small pieces into basket with chicken and cook for a further 5 mins at VAROMA temperature on speed 2.
5. Remove chicken and veg and put into Thermoserver to keep warm.
6. Check seasoning of sweet potato and b.lend for 20 secs on speed 4-5 to create smooth saucy mash. Add to Thermoserver to keep warm while you make the sauce.
7. Rinse bowl then grate garlic for 2 secs on speed 7. Add onions and chop for 2 secs on speed 5. Scrape down sides of bowl and add oil and bacon and saute for 5 mins VAROMA temperature speed 1.5 with MC off. Add flour, stock, marsala, extra water and cook for 5mins at 100C on REVERSE + speed 1. Add cream and cook for a further 3 mins at 100C on REVERSE + speed 1.
8. Serve chicken thighs on mash with sauce spooned over. Garnish with the chopped parsley.
A little bit of nostalgia inspired from the good old Veal Marsala! Cooking the chicken thighs in the rice basket ensures they hold their shape. The sweet potato mixture bubbles up over them so they don't look too pale at the end either. Mushrooms in the sauce would help to give it a darker colour but I didn't have any so was just going with what was in the fridge!