pre heat oven 180c and line muffin trays with papers
2. add flours, baking powder, bicarb soda, mixed spice and salt to TM and combine on speed 4 for 15 secs. Pour into another bowl an set aside
3. Wash and dry orange. cut into 6-8 pieces. Add to TM and chop on speed 7 for 10 secs. Scrape down sides ready for next step
4. Add eggs, sugar, oil, bananas, vanilla, dates, walnuts. Put on lid and add juice through hole with measuring cup on so it catches pips. Again mix on speed 7 for 10 secs.
nb. if you want a chunkier mix here is where you will need to play around and find the texture you like. You can chop dates and walnuts prior to step 3. and then re add them after step 4.
5. add the dry ingredients to TM and combine on speed 5 for 30secs
6. pour mixture into muffin trays and bake for 22mins. These are quite dense muffins so you may need to check with a skewer to see if they are done.