Date, Orange, Banana & Walnut Muffins
Print recipeDate, Orange, Banana & Walnut Muffins
Create PDFDate, Orange, Banana & Walnut Muffins
Reserved for registered members only
Thermomix TM 31
Created: 2012-07-11 22:42
Changed: 2012-07-20 17:10
Total time: 40m
Baking time: 22m
med- large bowl
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix customer and is therefore not tested by Vorwerk Thermomix. Vorwerk Thermomix assumes no liability, particularly in terms of quantities and success. Please observe the application and safety instructions in our manual.
150 g plain flour
80 g wholemeal flour
3 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp bicarbonate soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp mixed spice
160 g dried pitted dates
150 g walnuts
1 orange medium size
110 g Raw caster sugar
125 g extra light olive oil
2 bananas medium size
125 g orange juice approximately 1 orange
1 tsp vanilla
pre heat oven 180c and line muffin trays with papers
2. add flours, baking powder, bicarb soda, mixed spice and salt to TM and combine on speed 4 for 15 secs. Pour into another bowl an set aside
3. Wash and dry orange. cut into 6-8 pieces. Add to TM and chop on speed 7 for 10 secs. Scrape down sides ready for next step
4. Add eggs, sugar, oil, bananas, vanilla, dates, walnuts. Put on lid and add juice through hole with measuring cup on so it catches pips. Again mix on speed 7 for 10 secs.
nb. if you want a chunkier mix here is where you will need to play around and find the texture you like. You can chop dates and walnuts prior to step 3. and then re add them after step 4.
5. add the dry ingredients to TM and combine on speed 5 for 30secs
6. pour mixture into muffin trays and bake for 22mins. These are quite dense muffins so you may need to check with a skewer to see if they are done.
Before you bake you can press in a half a date to each muffin.
These can also be served warm like a sticky date pudding with cream or custard.