· Weigh in the cold water to JUST 40g and then weigh in the 3tsp gelatin (should be 10g exactly). Set for 1 minute, 50-60 degrees (depending on coldness of weather) speed 3.
· Weigh in the glucose, glycerine +/- colour or vanilla.
· Cook a further 1 minute, 60 degrees on speed 3.
· Weigh in icing sugar – (at this point you add the appropriate amount of tragacanth if you are going to turn it into modeling fondant) combine ingredients for 5 seconds speed 6.
· Knead for 15 seconds.
· Tip onto prepared bench (Crisco or copha rub down or icing sugar on bench). It should be very heavy and sticky to tip out.
· Add 20g icing sugar to TM bowl and whizz for a few seconds on speed 7, to help remove the sticky fondant – knead this into your mix on the bench.
· If you are making more – you can just start again without cleaning the bowl unless you are using colours! Otherwise, add boiling water and blitz for 20 seconds speed 8.