Preheat oven to 160C.
2. Place almonds in mixing bowl and mill 10 sec/speed 9 or until milled – if you are in tune with your Thermomix you can hear when most milling, chopping, grating is done).
3. Add carrots and grate 5 sec/speed 6 – it will mix with the almond meal. Scrape down the sides.
4. Add eggs, vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg, oil and honey and mix 15 sec/speed 5.
5. Add baking powder and combine 5 sec/speed 5.
6. Add sultanas and mix on Reverse 5 sec/speed 4.
7. Pour into a prepared 20 centimetre baking tin and bake for one hour to 1½ hours, or until cooked through. Cover if necessary with foil.
8. Remove from oven and cool completely in the tin, then turn out.
9. Serve alone or topped with thick natural yoghurt, or a topping of your choice. It keeps in the fridge for up to five days.
You can eat this knowing it’s a healthy recipe, good for you and tastes fantastic!
One picture is un-iced and cooked for one and a half hours. Main picture is iced with a little raw sugar (about 50g) with lemon zest milled on speed 9 and mixed with 125g cream cheese and topped with walnuts.