Place sugar and cup of water in TM bowl and mix for 3 min. at 50 °, Speed 3. Make sure that sugar is totally melted.
2. Place coconut milk and flours into the TM bowl and blend at Speed 2 for 1 min.
3. Divide mixture into 2 equal parts, and colour 1 pink by adding red food colouring.
4. Put hot water into TM bowl and add the knotted pandan leaves.
5. Heat a 20 cm steaming tray on the Varoma dish, and cook for 5 min., Varoma Temp, Speed 3.
6. Ladle white batter ( about 100gm) into baking tin forming a thin layer. Steam for 3 min. at Varoma Temp. Speed 3. Ladle a thin layer of pink batter ( 100g ) on top of the white and steam for 3 min., Varoma Temp., Speed 3. Continue steaming thin layers alternating pink with white until the eighth layer which will be the pink layer, and making sure each layer is cooked before adding the next layer.
7. For the ninth layer colour it bright red by adding a little more red colouring to the pink batter and spreading it over the steamed kueh. Steam again for 3 min., Varoma Temp. at Speed 3.
8. Cool in the steaming tray before cutting the cake. ( do not put in fridge )
NOTE: Make sure that the steaming tray is absolutely level before ladling on the batter. If it slopes even slightly the layers will not be even. Use different ladles for different colours and do not mix them or the colours may run.