Print recipeLettuce Risotto
Create PDFLettuce Risotto
Reserved for registered members only
Thermomix TM 31
Created: 2012-09-27 13:06
Changed: 2012-10-05 02:31
Total time: 25m
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix customer and is therefore not tested by Vorwerk Thermomix. Vorwerk Thermomix assumes no liability, particularly in terms of quantities and success. Please observe the application and safety instructions in our manual.
1 clove garlic
2 pieces shallots (not spring onion)
30 g olive oil
250 g arborio rice
50 g white wine
750 g chicken stock
1 chopped lettuce (1 cup) (you can use TMX on Speed 3 for a few seconds but I prefer to use a knife)
60 g frozen peas and corn
2 stalks spring onions I omit the darker green portion
10 g Butter
30 g parmesan cheese, grated Can be grated via TMX prior to first step
to taste salt and pepper I blitzed 1/2 tsp of green peppercorns with the garlic clove/shallots
Chop up garlic and shallots on Speed 4 for a few seconds.You can add some green peppercorn here too.
2. Add olive oil and sautee for 2 minutes on 100C, Speed 1.
3. Insert Butterfly and add rice and white wine. Cook on 100C for 2 minutes on Soft/Reverse.
4. Add chicken stock and continue cooking on 100C for 15 minutes on Soft/Reverse.
5. If risotto has reached desired consistency* at the end of 15 minutes, add lettuce, peas and spring onion and cook for another minute on the same setting.
6. Pour risotto into server or dish and stir in butter and Parmesan cheese. Season to taste.
Risotto is a tricky thing as we all know. After the recommended time, the risotto should appear watery still but the rice itself should be largely cooked through with a touch of resistance on the teeth. The rice will continue to absorb moisture so even if watery, risotto should be served up fairly soon after it’s cooked. I recommend keeping an eye on things towards the 13/14 minute mark. Not all rice behave the same after all.
Please refer to my post for this recipe: Lettuce Risotto