Osso Buco Style Lamb Shank with Couscous
Print recipeOsso Buco Style Lamb Shank with Couscous
Create PDFOsso Buco Style Lamb Shank with Couscous
Reserved for registered members only
Thermomix TM 31
Created: 2012-07-18 19:47
Changed: 2012-07-19 09:14
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix customer and is therefore not tested by Vorwerk Thermomix. Vorwerk Thermomix assumes no liability, particularly in terms of quantities and success. Please observe the application and safety instructions in our manual.
Peel of 1/2 a small lemon
Peel of 1/4 a small orange
1/2 a handful flat leaf parsley
1 small clove of garlic, peeled & halved
1/2 a small red onion, peeled & halved
1 small carrot, (approx. 40g - 50g) peeled & roughly chopped
10g olive oil
400g tin whole peeled tomatoes
3 MC of water
1 lamb shank (approx. 350g - 400g)
1 MC of couscous - RINSED
Place peel into mixing bowl and zest 20 sec/speed 8.
2. Add parsley, carrot, garlic and onion and chop 5 secs/speed 7. Scrape down sides.
3. Add oil and sauté 2 min/Varoma/.
4. Add tomatoes, chop 4 sec/speed 5.
5. Add water.
6. With a sharp knife cut through the thickest parts of the shank meat, all the way to the bone, to ensure even cooking. You may need to make 2-3 cuts depending on size of shank.
7. Place shank into Varoma receptacle and position on TM (leaving Varoma tray aside).
- 8. Cook for 35 min/Varoma/speed 1.
9. Place baking paper onto Varoma tray, adding rinsed couscous on top, spreading evenly.
- 10. When there is 25 minutes of cooking time left CAREFULLY place Varoma tray into Varoma, ensuring Varoma lid is securely in place.
- 11. When cooking time is complete remove shank with tongs and set aside. Allow shank to cool for at least 5 minutes before handling and removing meat from shank bone with a knife and fork. Roughly chop lamb meat, no larger than 2 cm cubes, and discard any excess fat or tough pieces.
- 12. Place meat into TM bowl with sauce and blend 5 sec/speed 7.
13. Check consistency, blend for a further few seconds if a finer texture is desired.
14. Serve with couscous.
* Can be served with rice instead of couscous as a gluten free alternative. After step 13 place meat/sauce in thermo server and prepare desired quantity of rice in Thermomix as per EDCB.
* Both my 8 month old and my 4yr old love this recipe! If there is any left over I simply freeze in ice cube trays and defrost for my baby 1 - 2 cubes at a time.
* If desired a lamb forequarter chop could be used in place of the shank, however, the lamb shank does give this dish it's wonderful flavour!