Place peel into mixing bowl and zest 20 sec/speed 8.
2. Add parsley, carrot, garlic and onion and chop 5 secs/speed 7. Scrape down sides.
3. Add oil and sauté 2 min/Varoma/.
4. Add tomatoes, chop 4 sec/speed 5.
5. Add water.
6. With a sharp knife cut through the thickest parts of the shank meat, all the way to the bone, to ensure even cooking. You may need to make 2-3 cuts depending on size of shank.
7. Place shank into Varoma receptacle and position on TM (leaving Varoma tray aside).
- 8. Cook for 35 min/Varoma/speed 1.
9. Place baking paper onto Varoma tray, adding rinsed couscous on top, spreading evenly.
- 10. When there is 25 minutes of cooking time left CAREFULLY place Varoma tray into Varoma, ensuring Varoma lid is securely in place.
- 11. When cooking time is complete remove shank with tongs and set aside. Allow shank to cool for at least 5 minutes before handling and removing meat from shank bone with a knife and fork. Roughly chop lamb meat, no larger than 2 cm cubes, and discard any excess fat or tough pieces.
- 12. Place meat into TM bowl with sauce and blend 5 sec/speed 7.
13. Check consistency, blend for a further few seconds if a finer texture is desired.
14. Serve with couscous.