Preheat oven to 160 - 170 degrees
HERE IS THE TRICK FOR GETTING GOOD STRONG EGG WHITES PEAKS ........
PLACE THERMOMIX BOWL IN FREEZER BEFORE WHISKING EGG WHITE (ABOUT 10 MINUTES)
USE EGGS STRAIGHT FROM THE FRIDGE. DO NOT BRING TO ROOM TEMP.
PLEASE TRY THIS METHOD AND LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK? I THINK IT IS BETTER THATN HEATING THE EGG WHITES.
1) Whisk on speed 4 for 5-7 mins (with the butterfly inand MC off )egg whites until egg whites are quite firm or have formed soft peaks
2) Weigh out 130gm caster sugar and tsp cream of tartar on the thermobowl lid with the MC ON - set timer to 1.5 mins and set dial to speed 3 - take MC off and slowly add in caster sugar bit by bit from the thermobowl lid through the hole until all has been including in egg whites
3) At this stage egg whites should be quite solid - scrape as much egg white from thermobowl and put in decent sized mixing bowl - place into fridge until needed. ( i put into a stainless steel mixing bowl so its colder)
1) Mix the egg yolks and coconut cream with butterfly in at speed 3 for 30 seconds
2) Using speed 2-3 add in oil and slowly add in self raising flour from as high as possible ( I took off my lid and just put the 120gm in from a high distance)
3) Scrap down bowl and add in the pandan essence and then set dial to speed 3-4 for 10 seconds or until mixture looks ready.
1) Take PART A out of the fridge (egg whites should still be firm) and slowly add 1/3 of Part B (into the middle) using a hand whisk gently and slowly mix/fold in the two mixtures and ensure evenly mixed in (Part B is the heavier component so try to make sure the bottom is mixed well) (the reason for gentle mix and slow is to ensure air remains in the mix.
2) Continue to add in Part B into Part A one third at a time until all of Part B has been mixed into Part A. (remember to make sure the bottom has been also stirred)
3) Pour into Chiffon cake tin
4) Use spatula to smear the edges of the chiffon tin that doesn't have mixture not all the way to the top but maybe a pinky's worth or a bit less (see dodgy picture below) By doing this it allows mixture to climb while being baked.
Place in oven for 45 mins
Immediately take cake out of oven and invert the tin onto a bowl - this stops the cake from shrinking down - if you take it and dont invert it - it may sink due to the change in temperature
To add an Aussie touch, when cooled, cut into three slices layer with whipped cream and berry coulis (EDC) decorate with strawberries and drizle with chocolate sauce (EDC)
Thanks to Carina Wong for sharing her recipe with me and helping with all the tweaks. i think we've done a good job Carina.