Preheat oven to 170oC, grease tart pan and set aside.
2. If starting with raw sugar, add to TM bowl and mill for 3 seconds on speed 7 then set aside.
Add almonds to TM bowl and mill for 10 seconds on speed 7. Set almond meal aside.
Add dark chocolate to TM bowl and grate for 3 seconds on speed 7. Set aside chocolate then wash and dry bowl.
3. Add butter and vanilla paste to TM bowl and mix for 2 minutes (on 80o if butter straight from fridge) on speed 3. Set aside then wash and dry bowl.
4. Insert butterfly then add egg whites and salt in TM bowl and whip for 3 minutes on 37o speed 4 to form soft peaks. Remove butterfly.
5. Set time for 2 minutes on speed 3 then gradually pour in icing sugar followed by almond meal, flour and butter mixture.
6. Pour mixture into prepared tart pan then scatter over chocolate and arrange pear slices in circular pattern on top pressing down on pear slightly. Sprinkle with flaked almonds.
7. Place pan in oven and bake at 170oC for 1 hour or until puffed and just set (cover with foil if browning too quickly). Remove from oven and set aside for 1 hour to cool to room temperature then remove torte from pan.
8. Slice and serve with cream.