1. Cream together butter and dark brown sugar for 1 minute @ speed 4. (optional: use Butterfly)
2. Add golden syrup and mix for 20 seconds @ speed 4.
3. Add eggs, one at a time, via MC hole while blades are running, 20 seconds @ speed 4. (And then remove Butterfly, if using.)
4. Add remaining ingredients and combine for 20-30 seconds at speed 4-6, using spatula to assist.
5. 'Knead' dough for 2 minutes @ Interval setting, using spatula to assist if necessary.
6. Remove dough onto Thermomat, knead briefly and wrap. Allow to sit 30 minutes while oven preheats to 180C.
7. Roll dough into walnut-sized balls and flatten slightly, if desired. Place on lined baking trays and bake 12-15 minutes (depending on size and shape of dough balls) and cool on tray for 5 minutes before removing to a rack to cool completely.
8. Decorate with royal icing using piping bag to create preferred designs.
9. Store in air-tight container for 1 week (if they last!) or freeze for later use (best to freeze without piped icing).