Print recipeWholemeal Crumpets
Create PDFWholemeal Crumpets
Reserved for registered members only
Thermomix TM 31
Created: 2012-04-15 12:10
Changed: 2012-04-15 12:22
Total time: 2h
Preparation time: 10m
Baking time: 9m
Thermomix bowl, non-stick crumpet rings, large tablespoon, egg flip/tongs, kitchen timer
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix customer and is therefore not tested by Vorwerk Thermomix. Vorwerk Thermomix assumes no liability, particularly in terms of quantities and success. Please observe the application and safety instructions in our manual.
500 g milk
250 g buttermilk
1 tsp sugar
25 g Butter, cubed
1 tsp dried yeast
250 g Atta Flour or wholemeal bread flour Atta flour available from large supermarkets in flour/baking section
250 g White bread flour
spray oil / oil for lubricating the griddle or fry pan
1. measure milk, buttermilk, sugar and butter into Thermomix bowl.
2. Warm at 37 degrees/2 min 30 secs/ speed 2
3. Add yeast and mix for 5 secs on speed 3.
4. Add flour and salt and mix speed 3 /20 secs until a batter.
5. Leave to prove for 45 minutes - 1 hour in the TM bowl.
6. Briefly 'knock back' the batter by TM speed 3.5 for 5-10 secs.
7. Prepare griddle or heavy-based fry pan by heating on a medium heat and lubricating lightly with the spray oil or brushing lightly with oil.
9 Turn the heat to medium low and place the crumpet rings into the pan. (Note the rings, if they have a turned-in edge place this edge to the pan,)
10.. Spoon batter into each ring enough to fill halfway up the sides of the ring (The mixture will rise slowly during the cooking process to fill the whole ring).
11. Allow the crumpets to cook for 6-7 minutes, adjusting the heat accordingly so as not to scorch the base of the crumpet.
12. Flip the crumpets over and remove the ring allowing them to cook on the reverse for 2 minutes.
Serve with your favourite crumpet topping: butter, jam, honey, egg ...
Much more nutritious than store bought ones with no baking soda aftertaste!
Great for breakfast or an afternoon snack when the children come home from school.