Taela-Made Mushy Peas
- 2 --- Cups Split peas
- 1 tablespoon Bicarbonate soda
- 60 g Butter
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 dash Cream
- 1 pinch Salt & pepper
- Boiling water for soaking, Enough to cover peas by 1 inch
- 150g water for boiling
Pour peas into a bowl, pour boiling water over peas until peas are covered by approximately 1 inch of water, add bicarbonate soda and stir through.
Refrigerate for a minimum of 8 hours upto 24 hours
Rinse before cooking
Add butter to the bowl and melt 2 minutes/50°c/ speed 3
Add peas and 150g water, salt and pepper cook 12 minutes/90°c/speed 2 with simmering basket on top
Add worcedtershire sauce and cream cook for a further 2 minutes/90°c/[counterclock
Prepare day at least 8 hours prior
Taste as you go. Peas are ready once they lose their bite and still holds a peak.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Superfood Green Tabouli
- LCHF NOCHO CHIPS (not quite nacho)
- LCHF Christmas Cheese Ball
- Mushroom and herb side dish
- Broccoli Salad
- Zesty Potato Salad
- Coconut Cashew Cauliflower Rice
- Creamed Mixed Greens
- Kale & Cherry Salad with Mango Mint Dressing
- Greek Cabbage Salad
- Mash potato
- Italian Rustica Dipilicious
- Spicy Vegetarian Nachos
- Raw Peanut Butter Bliss Balls
- Corn cake / pikelet / fritter
- Mexican stack
- Christmas panettone pudding
- Broccoli & Blue Cheese Soup
- Raw Strawberry Slice
- Banoffee Protein Shake
- SOFT yummiest musli bars (no refined sugar)
- Frozen Key Lime and Margarita Cheesecake
- Lemon curd shortbread slice
- Gluten free lamingtons