- 150 g onion, peeled and halved
- 170 g carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1 stalk Celery, chopped
- 190 g potatoes, peeled and diced by hand
- 150 g sweet potato, peeled and diced by hand
- 6 sprigs fresh parsley, or 2 tspns dried
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 20 g oil
- 500 g Beef mince
- 2 tsp crushed garlic
- 1/2 cup Liquid Chicken Stock
- 1 heaped tsp powdered beef stock
- 1 heaped teaspoon Vegemite®
- 1 heaped tablespoon tomato sauce
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 15 g cornflour
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 6-8 sheets puff pastry, ready-made, thawed
- 1 egg, beaten
1. Chop the onion, carrot, celery and parsley, sp4/10-15 secs. Set aside.
2. Add oil and heat to V/1min/
3. Add mince and garlic and sauté Varoma/5mins//
4. Add veggies and thyme, Varoma/3mins//
5. Add remainder except for the cornflour and cook Varoma/10mins//. Place steaming basket on top to reduce spatter.
6. Add the cornflour Varoma/2mins//. Place steaming basket on top to prevent spatter.
7. Set aside to cool to room temp.
8. Thaw the pastry when mince has cooled.
1. Using a plate size of choice (I used a plate larger than a bread and butter plate but smaller than a dinner plate..your choice), cut circles from the pastry sheets.
2. Place apprpriate amount of filling into the centre of each sheet and crimp edges to seal. Either on the top or on the side.
3. Brush with beaten egg and bake at 200°C for 20-25, or until golden.
4. Serve with tomato sauce.
Oh my goodness..theses are sooo gooood....
My apologies to our Anglo friends who will no doubt throw their hands up in horror at this adulterated version of their beloved Cornish pasties..
But that's why I have called them "Fair Dinkum Aussie Pasties".
We all know and love the original..but here's a bit of an Aussie twist..
It's hard to give an exact amount of pastry rquired or exactly the amount it will make. It will depend entirely on the size of the template you use.
This will also affect the baking time. Use your best judgement here.
You can do this...!!
"Thermify me" for more great recipes, tips and cooking inspiration
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Easy Cheesey topped Scones
- Gluten Free Cheese Puffs - WA School Canteen- Assessed AMBER
- Soft Flatbread
- Pineapple and cheese scrolls
- Spinach and cheese scrolls
- Mince and vegetable pinwheels
- Fair Dinkum Beef pies
- Almond Sesame Crackers (LCHF)
- Quiche Lorraine
- Cheese and Bacon Mini Muffins
- Chicken, Cheese & Vegetable Sausage Rolls
- Ham, cheese and pineapple muffins