- 100 g Golden Syrup
- 180 g caster sugar
- 150 g unsalted butter
- 5 g ground cloves
- 10 g ground cinnamon
- 5 g ground ginger
- 1 egg
- 400 g plain flour
- 5 g bicarbonate of soda
Place syrup, sugar, butter, cloves, cinnamon and ginger into mixing bowl and mix 10 min/100 C/speed 2.
Allow mixture to cool in mixing bowl until the temperature shows at least 50C.
Once cool, add egg and mix 3 sec/speed 3.
Add flour and bicarb and mix 5 sec/speed 5 until combined.
Knead 2 min//.
For best results wrap in plastic wrap and leave in fridge overnight for the flavours to develop.
Pre-heat oven to 180C.
Roll dough directly onto baking paper and cut out shapes. Ball up leftover dough and roll into disc shape. Wrap in plastic and rest in fridge for 10 minutes to make rolling easier. Roll leftover dough onto baking paper and repeat.
Bake for 10-15 minutes until biscuits feel firm when lightly pressed with fingertip.
Allow biscuits to cool on baking trays before transferring to a wire rack.
Decorate and enjoy!
A few people have asked if they can make and roll out this dough out straight away.
I don't suggest you do that for two reasons,
1. The flavour won't be at its best, and
2. Without resting in the fridge overnight you’ll find this dough hard to work with. Just leave it wrapped in the fridge overnight, remove and let it come to a workable temperature before rolling. You can leave it in the fridge for 2 or 3 days or even freeze at this stage for up to a month.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Refined Sugar Free Muesli Bars
- CRUMBLE CAKE WITH CUSTARD AND FRUIT (STREUSELKUCHEN)
- My Grandma`s Cheese Cake
- Banana Oat Cookies
- Nut free Muesli Bars
- Sugar Cookie Dough
- Peanut butter and popcorn muesli bars
- Soph’s banana cake
- Chocolate chip biscuits
- Banana bread with sultanas
- Variation Banana Muffins
- Chocolate & Peppermint Cream Swiss Roll with Strawberries