- 275 grams water, lukewarm
- 5 teaspoons instant dried yeast
- 550 grams white bakers flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons milk powder, optional
- 2 teaspoons bread improver
- 65 grams sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons ground nutmeg
- 45 grams soft butter
- 250 grams sultanas or mixed fruit
- 4 tablespoons water, chilled (cross mixture)
- 4 tablespoons flour, (cross mixture)
- 2 tablespoons water, (bun glaze mixture)
- 2 tablespoons sugar, (bun glaze mixture)
2h 0minPreparation 1h 30minBaking/Cooking
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
NotesFor regular fruit buns simply skip the cross mixture!** Safe to make in a TM31 & TM5. Always check your manual/cookbook for weight limits just to be sure. **
Proving is when you allow your unrisen dough to sit in a nice warm spot to grow. You generally wait till it has doubled/tripled in size. Dough is happiest proving in a warm moist environment, keep your dough away from direct dry heat (heater/hot oven) or draughts as it can cause the dough to skin up. If you need to prove in a condition like this spray your dough with water and cover with glad wrap or a towel so it stays moist.
There’s many ways people like proving. I prefer placing a big tray of boiling water in a confined area such as an oven (switched off), or microwave & sitting the tray/tin above it. The boiling water creates warmth and steam. If you find your water starts to lose heat you can refresh it with new boiling water.
Other places that work – warm car, bathroom after a steamy shower, on top of heat packs or water bottles, electric blanket. The list is endless!
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Vanilla Bean Paste - Thermomumma
- Easiyo Homemade Yoghurt - Thermomumma
- TM5 Automated Yoghurt - Thermomumma
- Thick Yoghurt - Electric Yoghurt Maker - Thermomumma
- Quick Nutella & Tim Tam Icecream - Thermomumma
- Whatever Ice-Cream - Thermomumma
- Thick Vanilla Custard - Thermomumma
- Creamed Rice - Thermomumma
- Thick Chocolate Custard - Thermomumma
- Blueberry & Choc Chip Muffins - Thermomumma
- Chicken & Vegetable Pie Filling - Thermomumma
- Cornmeat, Vege & Parsley Sauce - Thermomumma
- Peanut crusted chicken
- Banana and walnut muffins
- Cinnamon scrolls
- Leftover Chicken Burgers - Using Leftover Cooked Chicken
- Chicken Fricassee (great with Smoked Chicken)
- Chorizo Risotto
- Courgette Flan
- Jamie Oliver’s eggplant dhal
- The Best Cinnamon Scrolls you'll ever eat!
- Pasta Arrabiata (all-in-one)
- Marmalade with Navel Oranges
- Roasted Jalapeno / Jalapeño and Chicken Soup