- 1 package Marie or Arrowroot Biscuits
- 50 grams water
- 120 grams full cream milk powder
- 100 grams Butter (block, room temp)
- 80 grams brown sugar
- 50 grams golden syrup
- 250 grams Philadelphia cream cheese
- 50 grams Desiccated Coconut
- 2 Lindt Dark Salted Caramel blocks
Add biscuits to bowl and crush on sp 6 until desired consistency is achieved. Set aside.
Add water, milk powder, butter, brown sugar & golden syrup to bowl, cook 8 minutes, 90 degrees, speed 4 with Measuring Cup in place.
Add Philly cream cheese and stir sp 4-5 until completely smoothe, 10 seconds or so.
Add crushed biscuits and coconut and mix on reverse sp 4(ish) until all combined.
Roll into balls and set aside in the fridge
Clean and dry bowl.
Pop chocolate in bowl & grate sp 8 for 8 seconds, then melt 2 minutes 50deg sp 2-3
Dip each ball into choc and place on baking paper. Ta Dah!!! You're done!!
To utilise the remaining melted chocolate, continue with my Ohhh Emmm Geee Salted Caramel Truffles recipe
Enjoy & be sure to rate Jump onto my Thermo page Ali Hammo - Thriving with Thermo for all the other exciting Ohhh Emm Geee news!
Lindt is great when you can catch it for $2 at your local Supermarket!
This caramel should be beautifully thick, and quite regularly i have it sticking up the sides of the bowl when i remove the lid
This makes the same quantity as a tin, 395gms.
It will set as it cools, this is not a runny caramel sauce, it's an 'eat it straight from the container with a spoon as you're walking past the fridge' caramel.
Full cream milk powder DOES render the BEST result (light/skinny milk powder may not thicken the caramel as well).
Milk Powder is imperative to this recipe, you can not successfully leave it out. I would also suggest NOT attempting to use milk (I've not tested it personally so can not guarantee result, nor offer advice)
I use real block butter, not spreadable (it doesn't need to be expensive, home brand/black & gold is A OK). Spreadable will contain added oils which will impact the consistency and thickness of your caramel.
If you are at all unsure about the consistency of the caramel or have any questions, there is a video on my Facebook page - Ali Hammo - Thriving with Thermo and you're more than welcome to message any questions through.
Don't forget to rate
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Annabel Langbein ultimate chocolate cake
- GLUTEN FREE NO ADDED SUGAR PLUM TART
- Amaretti Biscuits
- Banana Pancakes
- Banana and Date Muffins
- Blueberry Blondie
- Breakfast Crumble
- Best Ever Carrot Cake - Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Nut Free
- Chocolate fudge cookies
- Nanna E, Raspberry Shortbread
- Low Fodmap Chocolate & Peppermint Slice Gluten Free Lactose Free
- Apple crumble cake
- Ohhh Emmm Geee Caramel Mars Bar Slice
- Ohhh Emmm Geee Chocadamia Caramel Slice
- Ohhh Emmm Geee Chocolate Salted Caramel Melting Moments
- Ohhh Emmm Geee Caramel White Choc & Macadamia Slice
- Ohhh Emmm Geee Choc Salted Caramel Slice
- Ohhh Emmm Geee Ali's No Waste Chicken Roast
- Ohhh Emmm Geee Condensed Milk
- Ohhh Emmm Geee Salted Caramel Truffles
- Ohhh Emmm Geee That's better than Caramel Top N Fill!!
- Ohhh Emmm Geee LCHF Fat Bombs
- Ohhh Emmm Geee Caramel Banoffee Pie
- Ohhh Emmm Geee No Bake Caramel Slice
- NO Tin Beetroot
- Chicken and Sweet Corn Soup Noni’s special
- Little winner chicken dinner
- Chicken and veggie potato bake
- White Chocolate Bavarian
- Banana and Date Muffins
- MEDITERRANEAN SCROLLS
- Grape jelly
- Quick Apricot & Coconut Bliss Balls - Nut & Sugar Free
- Garlic and Caper Aioli
- F45 Cacao Bliss Balls
- Satay coconut curried vegetables