- 120 grams Butter
- 150 grams flour (SR or plain)
- 50 grams brown sugar
- 50 grams Desiccated Coconut
- 160 grams water
- 200 grams brown sugar
- 220 grams full cream milk powder
- 240 grams butter, block, room temp, (not spreadable)
- 125 grams golden syrup
- 1 teaspoon salt, I use himalayan
- 60 grams cadbury milk or dark chocolate
- 1 tablespoon cocoa
- 150-250 grams cadbury block cooking chocolate
- 1-2 tablespoon coconut oil or butter, or any light flavoured oil
Please have a read through of the Tips before purchasing ingredients and proceeding. They are there to help you get the Ohhh Emmm Geee result.
***If you have questions, PLEASE contact me directly via my Facebook page Ali Hammo - Thriving with Thermo *** HAPPY COOKING!
Line rectangular slice tin (mine is 18x28cm) with baking paper & preheat oven to 180deg (fan forced).
Melt butter, 2 min 50deg sp2
Once butter is melted, add flour, sugar & coconut & mix 10sec sp3. Scrape down sides and repeat if required.
Press into tin & bake 10-12 mins @ 180deg. If it looks undercooked at this point, give it 2-3 more minutes until lightly golden. Only you can judge your oven.
While base is cooking, rinse bowl if you feel the desire, I don't.
Add all Caramel ingredients & cook 22mins 90deg sp4
Once cooked in bowl, pour over base (you can choose to do this straight away, or wait until the base has cooled), smooth & bake in oven for 15mins(ish) 180deg (this may take longer depending on your oven, that's ok - it MUST be bubbly all over, and this may brown, that's ok don't panic, it makes it more caramelly).
If you'd like a hot caramel, now's your time! Add milk to the bowl, 3min 80deg sp3. Drink up, Enjoy & You're welcome!
Once caramel is beautiful, bubbly, and brown, remove from oven & set aside to cool. (I like it to cool at room temp - if you're in a warm climate - not in Tassie - or in a hurry, you may like to cool it in the fridge)
Wash & dry mixing bowl.
Pop choc in mixing bowl & grate for 6-8secs sp8 then add oil and melt 2min30secs 50deg sp 2 pour over caramel & smooth.
Sprinkle with a pinch or 2 of milled himalayan rock salt.
Pop 200ml milk into the mixing bowl and cook 3min 80deg sp3 - give it a whizz on a higher speed to get all the choc off the sides and froth your milk slightly - enjoy your hot chocolate while you wait
Leave to set at room temp (again, if you live in a hot climate, go with the fridge if you prefer) then slice with hot knife (or hot pizza cutter).
Store in fridge & ENJOY Please don't forget to rate
Chocolate Salted Caramel
This recipe can be doubled in your Thermomix. You will make just under 2 litres of caramel, so is fine for both TM31 & TM5 models and will not go over the MAX line. Doubling the caramel does not require extension of cooking time.
Depending on how much choc you prefer on top, this can be adjusted up to 250gm. I prefer Cadbury block milk cooking chocolate (I use the whole block).
Full cream milk powder DOES render the BEST result (light/skinny milk powder may not thicken the caramel as well).
Milk Powder is IMPERATIVE to this recipe, you can not successfully leave it out. I would also suggest NOT attempting to use milk (I've not tested it personally so can not guarantee result, nor offer advice). Make sure your milk powder is in date.
I use real block butter (softened, not straight from the fridge), not spreadable (it doesn't need to be expensive, home brand/black & gold is A OK). Spreadable will contain added oils which can impact the consistency and thickness of your caramel.
When making this recipe, you are making your condensed milk and caramel in 1 step which is why there is no condensed milk added. I find it's much nicer this way.
If you have trouble with your caramel not thickening, please double check you're using Full cream milk powder, Real block butter, and that you didn't forget the golden syrup, also, that you're ingredients didn't come straight from the fridge (this may require extra cooking time). You're welcome to cook for extra time, 5 minute blocks is fine, leave the MC off. You won't burn or overcook the caramel, it'll only get better!
***If you are at all unsure about the consistency of the caramel, there are videos on my Facebook page - Ali Hammo - Thriving with Thermo. Please contact me through that page if you have any questions ***
Please do not attempt to make this recipe 'Skinny', it's Real Caramel Slice, it ain't meant to be
You can find all my recipes by searching 'Ohhh'
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Lemon Bliss Balls
- Apricot Macadamia Crackers
- Chocolate Mint Biscuits
- Mum's Shortbread
- Chocolate Hazelnut Cake
- Peanut Butter Biscuits
- Choc Peanut Butter Bliss Balls
- Walnut choc chip meringue cake
- Yummy Rocky Road
- Fructose free, dairy free cinnamon cookies
- Cranberry chocolate snack bars
- Vegan chocolate, raspberry and pistachio layer cake
- Ohhh Emmm Geee Caramel White Choc & Macadamia Slice
- Ohhh Emmm Geee Ali's No Waste Chicken Roast
- Ohhh Emmm Geee Condensed Milk
- Ohhh Emmm Geee Salted Caramel Truffles
- Ohhh Emmm Geee Choc Salted Caramel Balls
- Ohhh Emmm Geee That's better than Caramel Top N Fill!!
- Ohhh Emmm Geee LCHF Fat Bombs
- Ohhh Emmm Geee Caramel Banoffee Pie
- Ohhh Emmm Geee No Bake Caramel Slice
- Ohhh Emmm Geee Caramel Choc Chip Cookie Slice
- Ohhh Emmm Geee Carrot Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting
- Ohhh Emmm Geee I LOVE your Caramel Slice
- vegan chickpea loaf
- Easy Cheesey Mac and Cheese
- Christmas Pudding - Gluten Free or Regular
- White Chocolate and Macadamia Cheesecake
- SALTED CARAMEL VODKA
- Simple Mantou (Steam Bread)
- Vegetable and Lentil Soup
- Turkish haydari (thick yoghurt dip)
- Green Tea Mantou (Steam Bread - Mantou)
- Pumpkin Mantou (Steam Bread)
- Creamy Celery, Potato and Leek Soup
- Green Tea Mantou (Steam Bread - Mantou)