- 100 grams butter (block)
- 1 package Chocolate Ripple Biscuits
- 50 grams coconut (desiccated)
- 150 grams water
- 200 grams brown sugar
- 220 grams full cream milk powder, Bacl & Gold or Devondale are my preference
- 240 grams butter (block) room temp
- 125 grams golden syrup, CSR in tub is my preference
- 80-100 grams macadamia nuts, or other nut of choice
- 75 grams milk chocolate (or choc of choice), Cadbury block is my fave
1h 0minPreparation 30minBaking/Cooking
8Recipe is created for
Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
Line slice tin with baking paper. Mine is 18x28cm.
Pop Macadamias into bowl & crush, 5 seconds sp 6. Set aside.
Melt butter in bowl, 2 minutes, 60 degrees, sp 3.
Add biscuits and coconut, mix 6 seconds, reverse speed 6.
Scrape sides of bowl and repeat if necessary.
Press mixture into tin and bake for 10 minutes. You might notice the coconut start to brown slightly, that's ok.
No need to wash bowl, and while base is cooking:
Add all caramel ingredients and cook 20-22 minutes, 90 degrees, speed 4.
Once cooked in bowl, pour over base (you can choose to do this straight away, or wait until base has cooled), smooth and top with crushed Macamias from earlier. Press them into caramel slightly. Pop into oven and bake for 15ish minutes, you should see the caramel brown nicely, it's ok if it takes longer, all ovens are different. Set aside to cool.
While that bakes, grab your milk from the fridge, pop 200ish mls to the caramel left in the bowl, cook 3 minutes, 70-80 degrees, speed 3. Drink up and enjoy
Wash and dry mixing bowl.
Add chocolate to bowl, grate 8 seconds, speed 8.
Melt 2 minutes 30 seconds, 50 degrees, sp 2. Use a spoon to sprinkle over the slice to make it your version of delicious looking. I expect you will outdo my artistic talents
For a hot chocolate, repeat step of adding milk to bowl and cooking it.
Set slice aside for choc to set, whether that be fridge or bench.
Enjoy, and please don't forget to rate kindly
Feel free to pop over to my page 'Ali Hammo - Thriving with Thermo' or share your talents in my group 'Thriving with Thermo', and let me know your thoughts.
This recipe is fine for either TM31 or TM5 models.
This recipe can be doubled if need be, and will create just under 2L of caramel. Doubling the caramel does not require extension of cooking time.
You're welcome to use a combo of milk, dark or white choc to make it beautiful.
I find full cream milk powder to render the best result and have popped my preference above.
You cannot use milk to create this amazing caramel. Please don't try.
When making this recipe you are making your condensed milk and caramel at the same time, which is why there is no condensed milk added.
If you have trouble with your caramel thickening, please double check your ingredients. I find squeezy golden syrup to not thicken nicely, and again, the ingredients i've specified above are my absolute Dream Team. You're welcome to add extra cooking time, or even add extra milk powder if you find it's really not thickening as you'd like. Remove mc when cooking extra to help it reduce if need be.
If you live in a very hot temperate (Hello North Qld! Tassie, this does not apply to us) or it's a really hot day, you may find the caramel doesn't need the full 22 minutes to cook, 18 may be enough. You will need to judge this yourself (added due to a couple reports of caramel splitting)
I have some examples of the caramel on my Facebook page 'Ali Hammo - Thriving with Thermo'.
You can find all my recipes by searching via username 'Ali Hammo' or searching 'Ohhh' as the recipe name
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Annabel Langbein ultimate chocolate cake
- GLUTEN FREE NO ADDED SUGAR PLUM TART
- Amaretti Biscuits
- Banana Pancakes
- Banana and Date Muffins
- Blueberry Blondie
- Breakfast Crumble
- Best Ever Carrot Cake - Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Nut Free
- Chocolate fudge cookies
- Nanna E, Raspberry Shortbread
- Low Fodmap Chocolate & Peppermint Slice Gluten Free Lactose Free
- Apple crumble cake
- Ohhh Emmm Geee Caramel Mars Bar Slice
- Ohhh Emmm Geee Chocolate Salted Caramel Melting Moments
- Ohhh Emmm Geee Caramel White Choc & Macadamia Slice
- Ohhh Emmm Geee Choc Salted Caramel Slice
- Ohhh Emmm Geee Ali's No Waste Chicken Roast
- Ohhh Emmm Geee Condensed Milk
- Ohhh Emmm Geee Salted Caramel Truffles
- Ohhh Emmm Geee Choc Salted Caramel Balls
- Ohhh Emmm Geee That's better than Caramel Top N Fill!!
- Ohhh Emmm Geee LCHF Fat Bombs
- Ohhh Emmm Geee Caramel Banoffee Pie
- Ohhh Emmm Geee No Bake Caramel Slice
- NO Tin Beetroot
- Chicken and Sweet Corn Soup Noni’s special
- Little winner chicken dinner
- Chicken and veggie potato bake
- White Chocolate Bavarian
- Banana and Date Muffins
- MEDITERRANEAN SCROLLS
- Grape jelly
- Quick Apricot & Coconut Bliss Balls - Nut & Sugar Free
- Garlic and Caper Aioli
- F45 Cacao Bliss Balls
- Satay coconut curried vegetables