THERMOMIX ® RECIPE
- 50 grams water
- 120 grams full cream milk powder
- 100 grams Butter (block, room temp)
- 80 grams brown sugar
- 50 grams golden syrup
Add all ingredients to bowl, cook 8 minutes, 90 degrees, speed 4 with Measuring Cup in place.
Once cooked and poured from bowl, add 200ml milk to bowl and cook 4 minutes 80 deg sp 4 if you'd like a hot caramel, it seems a shame to waste it, and Hot Caramels are just beautiful
Perfect for eating straight from the spoon, using for Caramel Truffles instead of condensed milk, layering on a butternut snap bickie with banana & whipped cream.... DIVINE!!
This should be beautifully thick, and quite regularly i have it sticking up the sides of the bowl when i remove the lid
This makes the same quantity as a tin, 395gms.
It will set as it cools, this is not a runny caramel sauce, it's an 'eat it straight from the container with a spoon as you're walking past the fridge' caramel.
Full cream milk powder DOES render the BEST result (light/skinny milk powder may not thicken the caramel as well).
Milk Powder is imperative to this recipe, you can not successfully leave it out. I would also suggest NOT attempting to use milk (I've not tested it personally so can not guarantee result, nor offer advice)
I use real block butter, not spreadable (it doesn't need to be expensive, home brand/black & gold is A OK). Spreadable will contain added oils which will impact the consistency and thickness of your caramel.
If you are at all unsure about the consistency of the caramel or have any questions, there is a video on my Facebook page - Ali Hammo - Thriving with Thermo and you're more than welcome to message any questions through.
Don't forget to rate
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Annabel Langbein ultimate chocolate cake
- GLUTEN FREE NO ADDED SUGAR PLUM TART
- Amaretti Biscuits
- Banana Pancakes
- Banana and Date Muffins
- Blueberry Blondie
- Breakfast Crumble
- Best Ever Carrot Cake - Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Nut Free
- Chocolate fudge cookies
- Nanna E, Raspberry Shortbread
- Low Fodmap Chocolate & Peppermint Slice Gluten Free Lactose Free
- Apple crumble cake
- Ohhh Emmm Geee Caramel Mars Bar Slice
- Ohhh Emmm Geee Chocadamia Caramel Slice
- Ohhh Emmm Geee Chocolate Salted Caramel Melting Moments
- Ohhh Emmm Geee Caramel White Choc & Macadamia Slice
- Ohhh Emmm Geee Choc Salted Caramel Slice
- Ohhh Emmm Geee Ali's No Waste Chicken Roast
- Ohhh Emmm Geee Condensed Milk
- Ohhh Emmm Geee Salted Caramel Truffles
- Ohhh Emmm Geee Choc Salted Caramel Balls
- Ohhh Emmm Geee LCHF Fat Bombs
- Ohhh Emmm Geee Caramel Banoffee Pie
- Ohhh Emmm Geee No Bake Caramel Slice
- NO Tin Beetroot
- Chicken and Sweet Corn Soup Noni’s special
- Little winner chicken dinner
- Chicken and veggie potato bake
- White Chocolate Bavarian
- Banana and Date Muffins
- MEDITERRANEAN SCROLLS
- Grape jelly
- Quick Apricot & Coconut Bliss Balls - Nut & Sugar Free
- Garlic and Caper Aioli
- F45 Cacao Bliss Balls
- Satay coconut curried vegetables