- 170 g Salted butter, cubed
- 150 g white sugar
- 1 tsp vanila paste
- 1 egg, at room temp
- 285 g plain flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
Recipe is created for
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
- Place butterfly into position.
- Add butter and sugar to the TM Bowl. Beat 1 min/Speed 4.
- Scrape down the bowl.
- Add egg and vanilla paste. Beat 15 sec/Speed 4.
- Remove the butterfly and scrape down the TM Bowl.
- Add flour and baking powder to the mixture. Process dough mode 20 sec.
- Scrape down the bowl and process on dough mode. 20 sec.
- Remove the cookie dough from the TM Bowl and divide into two.
- Wrap each dough ball in plastic wrap, flatten the ball and refrigerate until it is cold and hardened.
- Preheat the oven to 175 degrees Celcius and prepare a cookie slide with baking paper.
- Roll the cookie dough to just under 1 cm thick.
- Use a cookie cutter to cut shapes from the dough and transfer them to the cookie slide.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes or until slightly golden.
- Cool on the tray. Once cooled the cookies can be decorated with royal icing.
For decorating ideas and icing take a look at the Thermo.Kitchen website.
Accessories you need
If you plan to decorate the cookies use royal icing. This recipe can be used for Halloween Cookies, Cookies for baby showers, birthdays, and Christmas Hampers.
Take a look at an example of this recipe used for Halloween Eyeballs on the ThermoKitchen site https://www.thermo.kitchen/sugar-cookie-eyeballs-thermomix-recipe/
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.