- 4 large eggs
- 100 g castor sugar (or blitz your sugar in the Thermomix first)
- 100 g cornflour
- 70 g custard powder, can substitute cornflour
- 1 tsp plain flour
- 1 tsp cream of tartar
- 1/2 tsp bi-carb soda
I've modified my recipe to use heat when whipping eggs. This increases the volume, making for more mixture, hence the use of two tins.
Preheat oven to 180 degrees C. Line 2 x 20cm round tins with baking paper. Grease and flour the sides of the tins.
If desired, blitz regular sugar for 10 seconds or so to make caster sugar. Set aside.
Place butterfly into Thermomix bowl.
Add eggs and beat on 37, speed 4 for 8 minutes.
While this is beating, sift dry ingredients (except sugar) onto baking paper twice.
Scrape down lid and sides.
Add sugar and beat on speed 4 for 3 minutes. No heat this time.
Add the sifted dry ingredients and mix on speed 2 - 3 in bursts of 3 seconds or so until incorporated.
Pour into pans and bake for 15 - 20 minutes or until top of cake springs back when touched gently.
Turn out onto a wire rack.
Accessories you need
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- warm lemon tart
- Best Chewy Anzac Biscuits
- Cinnamon Tea Cake
- Date and carrot cake (nut, egg and butter free) - tastes like healthy gingerbread!
- Aussie Apple Pie
- Real Chocolate Brownies (LCHF)
- All-In-One Banana bread with a Honey Cream Cheese Spread
- Choc-orange sandwich biscuits
- Banana Muffins using leftover Almond Pulp from Almond Milk (vegan)
- VEGAN CHOCOLATE/COFFEE CAKE
- TRIPLE CHOC BROWNIE FLOURLESS
- Variation Chicken and Sweet Corn Soup
- Chocolate Lasagne
- Nigella Lawson's Lemon Tendercake
- Easy Pumpkin Tart (Crustless)
- Cream Cheese and Rhubarb Blondies
- Spiced Meringue Roulade with LCHF variation
- Vegan Creamy Mushroom and Garlic Pasta Sauce
- Healthy Coconut Custard
- Custard Cross Buns
- Chunky beef, bacon and red wine pie filling
- "Rice cakes" with blueberry sauce.