- 4 large eggs
- 100 g castor sugar (or blitz your sugar in the Thermomix first)
- 100 g cornflour
- 70 g custard powder, can substitute cornflour
- 1 tsp plain flour
- 1 tsp cream of tartar
- 1/2 tsp bi-carb soda
I've modified my recipe to use heat when whipping eggs. This increases the volume, making for more mixture, hence the use of two tins.
Preheat oven to 180 degrees C. Line 2 x 20cm round tins with baking paper. Grease and flour the sides of the tins.
If desired, blitz regular sugar for 10 seconds or so to make caster sugar. Set aside.
Place butterfly into Thermomix bowl.
Add eggs and beat on 37, speed 4 for 8 minutes.
While this is beating, sift dry ingredients (except sugar) onto baking paper twice.
Scrape down lid and sides.
Add sugar and beat on speed 4 for 3 minutes. No heat this time.
Add the sifted dry ingredients and mix on speed 2 - 3 in bursts of 3 seconds or so until incorporated.
Pour into pans and bake for 15 - 20 minutes or until top of cake springs back when touched gently.
Turn out onto a wire rack.
Accessories you need
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Gus' Pasta
- Chilli Cornbread
- Chicken and Corn Soup
- Edmonds Custard
- Portuguese Donuts (Bolas de Berlim)
- Mini Victoria Sponge cake and Mini Tea cake
- All in One Curried Sausages, Mash & Vegies
- Cambodian Fish Amok
- Avocado cheese stuffed chicken breasts wrapped in bacon - all in one dinner
- Mum's Old School Curried Sausages
- Steamed pistachio cheesecakes with mango
- Louise Keats Lemon tart