- 1 large garlic clove, Optional
- Juice of one lime or lemon
- coriander or parsley leaves, Optional
- 1 Whole egg
- 2 egg yolks
- 500-700 g Light in taste olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Add garlic and leaves if using, chop 3sec/sp7, scrape down using spatula.
Insert butterfly and add one whole egg plus two egg yolks, salt to taste and juice of one lemon. Salt may need to be adjusted at the end.
Place MC on and turn to speed 3.5, meanwhile add enough oil to lid to fill it, and keep adding as it reduces until the mayonnaise is to the consistency required. The oil will seep through the mc into the bowl at just the right speed to emulsify your mayo.
Note- the MC will float as you add the oil, I just leave it. I also use a spatula to use up all the oil on the lid as the mayo starts to thicken.
Check consistency after you’ve filled the lid 3-4 times, if you want it thicker add more oil.
Optional-With butterfly still going on sp3.5 add in one or two of the egg whites, this will make your mayo a little runnier and lighter in colour but it’ll use up your whites and increase the volume of your mayo.
Store in airtight jar and refrigerate until needed.
Using a ‘Light in Taste’ olive oil is imperative to the flavour of this mayo, EVOO will be way too strong, you could also use avocado oil or if you like the flavour of macadamia oil this could work to although it can seem strong to some.
Flavour your mayo as you wish using herbs and spices, or just make plain without any herbs or garlic.
The perfect mayo is a good blend of sour and salty so adjust as needed till it tastes just right!
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Lemon Coconut Protein Balls
- Easy 11 minute lunchbox combo - protein carbs and veggies!
- Bulk Condensed Milk- with fresh milk
- Garlic and honey sandwich pickles
- Caesar Salad Dressing
- Apply & Berry Cereal
- Crunchy Granola Clusters- Not cardboard!
- Cake release mix
- Smoked Paprika Butter
- Vanilla Greek Style Yoghurt
- Instant "Packet" Apple & Cinnamon Porridge
- Crunchy salad
- Fermented cucumbers
- Seedy Cherry-Quinoa Energy Bars
- Vegetarian Lasagne
- Chickpea and oat crackers
- Banana, zucchini and plum bread
- Pale ale jelly and white chocolate mousse - Matthew Morrissey
- Multigrain wholemeal jumbo loaf
- Variation Chinese New Year - Peanut Cookies
- Chicken and (hidden) vegetable nuggets
- Banana fritters
- Nut Free Life Changing Loaf of Bread
- Alice's Sweet Chilli Sauce