- 2 large onion, cut into quarters
- 80 g young ginger, cut into pieces
- 1 cloves garlic, peeled
- 180 g Cooking oil
- 1 tsp salt
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
- Place all ingredients into TM Bowl. Chop for 10 seconds on SP7.
- Scrap down the sides of the bowl and add a few more seconds (if necessary) until mixture is properly done.
- Add oil into the bowl. Cook for 10 minutes at 100C on Slow Speed.
- Pour mixture into a frying pan (wok) and continue to fry it on the stove-top for about 10 minutes or until golden brown and oozing with oil.
Cool down mixture before placing into a clean jar. This keeps in the refrigerator well for at least 4 weeks.
This mixture will save you even more time in all your food preparations. You can omit the chop & saute step.
Dipping sauce to serve with Hainanese Chicken Rice
Place 1 tbsp of mixture into a small dish and add 1 tsp of dark soy sauce. Mix well. This goes well with steamed chicken.
This is also a good substitute for Chilli Sauce (for those who cannot handle the "heat" from the chilli).
Asian Stir-fry in the Thermomix
When you need to do an Asian stir fry but concerned about lack of aromatic flavor like those done in the wok; just add 1 tsp or more to the stir-fry and this will give you the "stir fry aroma".
Quick curry in the Thermomix/stove top
When you need to do a quick curry in the TM - just add 1-2 tbsp of the OGG mix to the curry powder/garam masala.
Noodle Soup base
Add 1 tsp or more to noodle soup for a natural aromatic flavoir.
Fried OGG Mix
How to use the Fried OGG Mixture
Accessories you need
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Curry Puffs
- Hainanese Chicken Rice (Fast & Easy)
- Tom Yum Fried Noodles (Rice Vermicelli)
- Moon cake Mixed Nuts
- Korean Bibimbap Sauce
- Korean Bibimbap (Mixed Rice with Meat and Assorted Vegetables)
- Easy Fried Noodles (Hokkien Mee- KL Hawker Style)
- Basic Yeast Dough for Chinese Buns
- Fried Noodles (Hokkien Mee- KL Hawker Style)
- Date Slice
- Lettuce with Mixed Vegetables
- Carrot & Walnut Cake
- Chicken and Mushroom Arancini Balls
- Donna's Sausage Rolls
- Variation Roast Vegetable Soup
- Mexican Tortilla Stack
- Chicken, Bacon and Mushroom Risotto
- Dolla's Cauliflower Cheese
- Vegan coconut chickpea curry
- Crushed Garlic
- Vegemite Sausage Rolls
- Variation Fruit and Almond Tart
- Ohhh Emmm Geee Choc Salted Caramel Slice