THERMOMIX ® RECIPE
- 65 g starter (pot set yoghurt)
- 100 g Full fat milk powder
- 1 litre full fat UHT milk
- 2-3 tablespoons sugar
- 1-2 teaspoons vanilla
8h 0minPreparation 8h 0minBaking/Cooking
Recipe is created for
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Accessories you need
Don't forget to set a small portion of your yoghurt aside (fridge or freezer) to use as a 'starter' for your next batch!
Full fat ingredients are reccomended.
Yes, you can double the ingredients to make a BIG batch!
If using fresh milk, heat milk 10 min / 90°C / speed 2, then allow the milk to cool to 40° or below before starting the recipe.
You can ferment your yoghurt for 8-24 hours. The longer you ferment, the more tart (& healthier) your yoghurt will be.
If using a TM5: Add your ingredients to the bowl, then select the 'plain yoghurt' recipe in the automated menu - skip the prompts until the screen says 'turn speed selector to start'.
If you'd like to see me make this, you can head to my page here - www.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=475052810644008&id=100044178802458
This is not a 'thick' yoghurt. If you'd like to create greek yoghurt - simply strain through a nut milk bag to remove some of the whey. This will make a suuuuuuper thick & creamy yoghurt.
For me personally, I prefer making pot set yoghurt in my TM6 (see my recipe), but this 'mixing bowl method' gives you another option! It's handy for TM5 users that don't have the ability to make pot set yoghurt.
Lailah Rose Bowie,
Virtual Thermomix Consultant.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- THERMOMUMMA PANCAKES
- THERMOMUMMA HOT CROSS BUNS
- THERMOMUMMA FLOURLESS BANANA AND OAT WAFFLES
- THERMOMUMMA WHITE SANDWICH BREAD LOAF (680G)
- THERMOMUMMA PIZZA DOUGH (WITH SOURDOUGH OPTION)
- THERMOMUMMA APPLE, CINNAMON & SULTANA PORRIDGE
- THERMOMUMMA THICK POT SET YOGHURT (TM6)
- THERMOMUMMA SAVOURY MINCE
- THERMOMUMMA GARLIC, CHEESE & SPINACH NAAN
- THERMOMUMMA SUPER THICK (& RICH) CHOCOLATE CUSTARD
- THERMOMUMMA ICEY ICED COFFEE
- THERMOMUMMA BREAD ROLLS (PLAIN OR CHEESE & BACON)
- Hot Cross Bun Tiramisu
- Steamed Lemon Puddings
- Brookies- A cross between chocolate brownies and cookies
- Almond meal Banana Cake -Gluten free
- Seeded nut slice (chiyo)
- Low FODMAP Banana Choc Doughnuts
- Variation lemon poppyseed muffins
- Oreo Frappe
- Apple turnover
- Honey Roasted Cashews
- German Chocolate Cake
- Happy cooks Malva pudding