- 250 gram sultanas
- 250 grams currants
- 100 grams Soft Brown Sugar or Brown Muscavado Sugar
- 250 grams Boiling water with teabag brewed for 2 minutes
- 230 grams self raising flour or cassava flour
- 1 egg
10h 45minPreparation 10h 0minBaking/Cooking
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Soak sultanas, currents and sugar overnight in tea.
The following day add flour and egg to your Thermomix bowl. Mix for 20 seconds reverse speed 4. Add ingredients that have been soaking including any liquid to the bowl. Mix with flour and egg on reverse speed 5 for 20-30 seconds.
Spoon mixture into a small loaf tin (mine is about 20cms x 15cms and bake at 375 degrees for approximately 45 minutes.
Leave to cool for 5 minutes in the tin then turn out onto a cooling rack.
This loaf is delicious as is or warm with some butter.
This lovely loaf can be made with cassava flour and half a teaspoon of baking powder. Egg can be replaced with one tablespoon of chia seeds and a quarter cup of water. Try changing the dried fruit. I have made it with dried apricots and dried apple and it is delicious.
Every oven is different so please check your loaf after 40 minutes by inserting a skewer in the centre. If it comes out clean the loaf is cooked. If not, give it another 10 minutes and check again.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Hemp rolls Vegan/Paleo/Gaps
- Artisan apple bread
- Cheese and bacon loaf
- Pizza buns
- 2 Ingredient Yoghurt Bread
- Berliner (German jam filled donuts)
- Subway style Italian rolls
- Low carb bread rolls
- Middle Eastern BBQ'd Pumpkin Bread
- Alkalising GF/DF/EF/YF bread
- Japanese coconut buns
- Quick Gluten Free Bread Rolls
- Apple and cinnamon muffins
- Lemon & Blueberry Muffins (Paleo)
- Easy Pancakes
- raspberry & coconut slice
- Lisa's Banana Muffins
- Vegan “cheese” puffs
- CREAM FILLED ECLAIRS WITH CHOCOLATE GANACHE
- Banana Spelt Muffins
- Spiced chocolate doughnuts - Louise Keats
- Blueberry and Lemon Hot Cross Buns
- Black Glutinous Rice Cake
- Banana and honey Bundt cake