- 275 g warm water
- 5 level teaspoons dried yeast
- 65 g sugar
- 550 g Baker's Flour
- 2 tsp milk powder
- 2 tsp bread improver
- 1 tsp malt barley
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp cinnamon, ground
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp Cloves, ground
- 55 g soft butter
- 250 g sultanas
- 2 tablespoons mixed peel, optional
- 4 tablespoons water
- 4 tablespoons plain flour
- 2 tablespoons Boiling water
- 2 tablespoons sugar
1. Add all the ingredients (except for the dried fruit) to the , in the order listed and mix briefly sp7/20secs.
2. Knead 5 mins.
3. Tip out onto a greased mat/bench and knead in the dried fruit by hand.
4. Cover and leave to prove 15-30 minutes.
5. Punch down and divide into app. 16-20 pieces, rolling into a ball shape.
6. Place on a tray lined with baking paper, cover and leave to double app. 30 minutes. Preheat the oven to 180°C.
7. Just before the proving time is up, pipe the crosses on the top.
8. Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until golden and cooked when tested.
9. Brush with the glaze before cooling on a wire rack.
1. Blend flour and water in a small bowl,adding extra flour/water, until you get a nice thick paste.
2. Spoon into a small zip lock bag, cut off a small corner and pipe onto the risen buns.
1. Combine all in a small cup, stirring until combined.
2. Brush over the hot buns.
Accessories you need
A combination of a few of my favourite recipes...
“Malt Barley” AKA Brewing sugar is available from many home brew shops. It adds a beautiful texture to breads. It’s not absolutely essential but if you can get it, you can use it in all your breads.
See the photo above.
They freeze well
Don’t like dried fruit..?
Knead in 1/2-3/4 cup chocolate chips instead.
Join my FaceBook group Thermify me and Thermify me Breadwinners for more recipes, tips and cooking class schedules on the Gold Coast.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- LS Spelt Bread
- ❤Spinach & fetta and pull-apart bread❤
- Tear and share brie, garlic + herb bread wreath
- Quick and easy bread rolls
- NO WHEAT, LOW GLUTEN RAISIN BREAD
- Gina’s Scone Loaf
- Fruit Bread
- Nutty Low Carb Bread
- Japanese milk bread
- Challah (traditional Jewish celebratory plaited loaf)
- Scrolls (Lactose Free)
- Chocolate crackle Caramel slice
- Viennese whirls
- Jaffa Cheesecake Slice
- Kingston biscuits
- Old fashioned Cream buns
- Creamy garlic prawns
- Chocolate coconut cake
- Dotty’s Apple Sponge with GF options
- Dotty’s Ginger biscuits
- Ham, cheese and pineapple muffins
- Mocha brownies with a Coffee glaze
- Wholemeal rolls
- Caramel Hedgehog Slice
- Delicious healthy version of Lemon Slice - Dairy Free
- Strawberry Frozen yogurt
- CHOCOLATE BANANA BREAD
- PASSIONFRUIT CHEESECAKE SLICE
- Infant/toddler beef and veggie casserole
- Lentil chocolate chip cookies - gluten free
- Vegetarian 'meatballs' (contains Nuts)
- Coconut and Cashew Butter
- Nutella Cookies
- Infant/toddler veggie dhal
- Honey Jumble Cake