- 275 g warm water
- 5 level teaspoons dried yeast
- 550 g Baker's Flour
- 2 tsp milk powder
- 2 tsp bread improver
- 1 tsp malt barley
- 65 g sugar
- 2 tsp cinnamon, ground
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp Cloves, ground
- 55 g soft butter
- 250 g sultanas
- 2 tablespoons mixed peel, optional
- 4 tablespoons water
- 4 tablespoons plain flour
- 2 tablespoons Boiling water
- 2 tablespoons sugar
1. Add all the ingredients (except for the dried fruit) to the , in the order listed and mix briefly sp7/20secs.
2. Knead 5 mins.
3. Tip out onto a greased mat/bench and knead in the dried fruit by hand.
4. Cover and leave to prove 15-30 minutes.
5. Punch down and divide into app. 16-20 pieces, rolling into a ball shape.
6. Place on a tray lined with baking paper, cover and leave to double app. 30 minutes. Preheat the oven to 180°C.
7. Just before the proving time is up, pipe the crosses on the top.
8. Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until golden and cooked when tested.
9. Brush with the glaze before cooling on a wire rack.
1. Blend flour and water in a small bowl,adding extra flour/water, until you get a nice thick paste.
2. Spoon into a small zip lock bag, cut off a small corner and pipe onto the risen buns.
1. Combine all in a small cup, stirring until combined.
2. Brush over the hot buns.
Accessories you need
A combination of a few of my favourite recipes...
“Malt Barley” AKA Brewing sugar is available from many home brew shops. It adds a beautiful texture to breads. It’s not absolutely essential but if you can get it, you can use it in all your breads.
They freeze well
Don’t like dried fruit..?
Knead in 1/2-3/4 cup chocolate chips instead.
Join my FaceBook group Thermify me and Thermify me Breadwinners for more recipes, tips and cooking class schedules on the Gold Coast.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Gluten Free Bread
- Avocado Chocolate Bread- from Living Healthy with Chocolate
- Apple and Date Hot Cross Buns
- KETO cloud bread
- Low fodmap pizza base
- Multigrain wholemeal jumbo loaf
- Nut Free Life Changing Loaf of Bread
- Grain-free herb and sesame bread - Kyra Miles
- Yoghurt bread
- Bao buns
- Simple Mantou (Steam Bread)
- Green Tea Mantou (Steam Bread - Mantou)