- 300 grams pumpkin, Cooked
- 260 mls warm water
- 30 grams Fresh yeast, crumbled or 3 tspns dry yeast
- 675 grams bakers flour
- 1 level tsp salt
- 2 teaspoons bread improver
- 1 Handful of pumpkin seeds ( pepitas ), Plus small amount for sprinkling on top of loaf (optional)
- 1 Handful of sunflower seeds, Plus a small amount for sprinkling on top.
- 1 tablespoon Milk (or egg ) for glazing
1. Place pumpkin, water and yeast into
2. With MC in place, puree the mix, sp 5/ 30-40 seconds.
3. Add flour, bread improver, seeds and salt.
4. Whizz, sp 7/ 6 seconds, until roughly combined.
5. Knead 5 minutes. The dough should be smooth, not too sticky. Add a small amount of flour if too moist.
6. Tip dough onto greased Thermomat, or bowl. Spray lightly with water, cover and rest 15 minutes.
7. Punch down dough to release air bubbles, and shape as desired.
8. Spray lightly with water, cover again and prove in a warm spot for 30 minutes.
9. Brush lightly with milk or egg and sprinkle with seeds ( optional).
10. Place in a cold oven set to 200, for 35-40 minutes, or until loaf sounds hollow when you tap it.
11. Cool on a wire rack.
This makes an ENORMOUS loaf..!
It could easily be halved and baked free form or in a good size loaf pan.
I baked mine in a large cast iron Dutch oven, without the lid.
Come join my Facebook group, "Thermify me..!" for more great recipes
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Blueberry and Banana Cake
- Cinnamon swirl cake
- Chocolate crackle Caramel slice
- Viennese whirls
- Kingston biscuits
- Old fashioned Cream buns
- Chocolate coconut cake
- Dotty’s Apple Sponge with GF options
- Dotty’s Ginger biscuits
- Ham, cheese and pineapple muffins
- Walnut choc-chip cookies
- Mocha brownies with a Coffee glaze
- Pecan and Maple Syrup slice
- Luxurious Oatmeal Milk Bath
- Ultimate Vegan Cleansing Salad
- Green Smoothie Muffins
- Quick fruit sponge
- Raw Tahini Dressing
- Fresh tomato tart
- Pretty in pink
- Orange Soup - Pumpkin, Sweet Potato & Carrots
- Guilt free Hollandaise Sauce
- Vegan Peanut Butter/Caramel Sauce
- Bok choy and coconut curry