- 140 g 70% Dark Chocolate
- 1 can aquafaba (chickpea brine)
- 1 heaped tablespoons caster sugar
3h 20minPreparation 20minBaking/Cooking
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
- Place chocolate in TM bowl+ MC, 10 seconds, speed 5.
- Scrape into bowl and set aside. Allow to cool.
- Wash and dry TM bowl.
- Insert butterly.
- Pour aquafaba in TM bowl. +MC, whisk 2min (approx), speed 4. You will hear the sound change when the aquafaba is ready. It will form stiff peaks.
- On speed 4, gradually add the sugar and allow to disolve. This will take about 4 minutes.
- Transfer to bowl. Once chocolate is cool gradually fold into the aquafaba until consistently mixed. It will deflate a little.
- Pour into ramekins and refrigerate for minimum 3 hours.
The original non-TM recipe is here https://www.lazycatkitchen.com/fluffy-vegan-chocolate-mousse/
I prefer to melt my chocolate over the stove (metal bowl over simering water). Mainly because I just cool it in the metal bowl over cold water. Just saves washing the bowl.
To ensure this is dairy free, make sure your dark chocolate does not contain dairy. I like Callebaut Belgian Dark Chocolate.
The sugar is just to remove the chickpeay flavour from the meringue. You may wish to adjust the quantity to your own taste.
Unlike egg, aquafaba cannot be overwhipped. Means if you go too long no harm done. Can't wait to try using it in macarons and meringue.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Gingerbread Syrup
- Nanna's Tea Cake
- Strawberry and watermelon cake with vanilla cream (recipe by Nico Moretti)
- Choc mint cheese cake
- Quick fruit sponge
- Pretty in pink - ruby chocolate dessert
- Strawberry Cheesecake - no bake
- Classic chocolate fudge
- Vegan Peanut Butter/Caramel Sauce
- Green Goodness Chocolate Brownie Balls - Paleo & Vegan
- Raw Coconut Rough - paleo & vegan
- Chocolate & Peppermint Bliss Balls