- 120 grams blanched almonds
- 120 grams hazelnuts
- 120 grams macadamia nuts
- 1 orange zest, whole
- 110 grams dates, pitted
- 100 grams flour, plain
- 2 tsp mixed spice
- 2 heaped teaspoon cocoa powder
- 100 grams glace cherries
- 90 grams honey
- 70 grams caster sugar
- 20 grams water
- 60 grams Maple syrup
- 250 grams dark chocolate, broken in pieces
- icing sugar, to serve (optional)
8h 55minPreparation 8h 10minBaking/Cooking
Recipe is created for
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
- 1. Preheat oven to 160 degrees (fan forced). Line a 22cm spring form circular cake tin with non-stick cake tin liner and grease with butter also (it gets very sticky!).
2. Dry roast blanched almonds, hazelnuts and macadamias in pan on medium heat for 4 minutes. Set aside and let cool.
3. Place orange zest in TM bowl. Blitz 10 seconds, speed 9. Scrape down.
4. Add dates and mix 5 seconds, speed 5. Scrape down.
5. Add roasted nuts, flour, mixed spice, cocoa powder & cherries. Mix 15 seconds, reverse, speed 2. Pour into a separate large bowl and keep aside.
6. Without cleaning mixing bowl, add honey, caster sugar, brown sugar and water into TM bowl. Cook 6 minutes, 100 degrees, speed 1 (MC off). Pour this syrup into the bowl with nut mixture.
7. Pour maple syrup on top of nut mixture (it will help mixing) and roughly mix contents with spatula (it will be sticky, so don't worry if it doesn't all look covered). Pour into prepared cake tin and smooth down.
8. Without cleaning mixing bowl, add chocolate and mix 5 seconds, speed 9. Scrape down.
9. Melt chocolate 2 min 30 sec, 50 degrees, speed 1. Pour on top of mixture in cake tin and spread evenly over top layer.
10. Bake for 30 minutes (check at 25 mins to make sure not burning on outer layer) and then take out to cool.
11. Once cooled, cover with alfoil and let set in fridge overnight (min 8 hours).
12. Top with icing sugar (optional) & use a serrated knife to cut into slices and serve!
Deliciously sticky chocolate panforte!
Accessories you need
We used raw sugar and mixed it 5 seconds speed 9 to make the caster sugar and 10 seconds speed 9 to make icing sugar. It is up to you if you make your own caster/icing sugar, but we like to use raw sugar. Just do this at the beginning of the recipe and set aside.
We use Alyce Alexandra reusable cake tin liners and grease it with butter to make sure it doesn't stick to the pan.
This is a traditional Italian chewy dessert but we had to make a chocolate version! It is so delicious we know you will definitely be asking yourself why you didn't try it before.
To get the star patterns, I cut out a star stencil and put them on top of the cake, sprinkled icing sugar and removed. You can change the shape or do your own
Feel free to follow our cooking adventures on Instagram or Facebook @thermodudes or visit our website www.thermodudes.com.au - We are Thermomix Consultants based on the Mornington Peninsula.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Donut ice-cream
- Superfood Seed Bar
- Barney Banana Ice Cream
- Super Easy Waffles
- Biscoff Icecream
- Cherry Ripe Slice
- Raw Berry Caramel Slice
- Snow Skin Mooncake
- Mooncake Fruit Custard Filling
- Mandarin, Almond & Cardamom Muffins
- Apple & Peanut Butter Bliss Balls
- White Chocolate & Berry Cheesecake - Gluten Free
- Raw Lemon Slice
- Okonomiyaki (Japanese pancake)
- Red Thai Chicken, Coconut & Kaffir Lime Soup
- Christmas Ice Cream Cake
- Spiced Fig & Brandy Ice Cream
- Christmas Almond Bread
- Pumpkin Pie
- Passionfruit Sponge Cake
- Healthy Blueberry Muffin Bars
- Blueberry Chia Puddings
- Blueberry Jam
- Corn Flake Crunch Cookies
- Spiced Apricot Beef
- Whole orange, date, walnut, chia and oat muffins
- Moreish Coffee Streusel Slice
- DATE, APRICOT AND CRANBERRY LOAF
- Macadmia Nut tartlets
- Kid Approved Curried Sausages
- Donut ice-cream
- MIxed Grain Bread rolls
- Cheese and Vegemite Scrolls
- Chocolate Meringue Brownie Cake
- Melting Moments
- Blanch Vegetables