- 40 g pistachio nuts
- 40 g walnuts
- 30 g Rapadura Sugar or brown sugar
- 0.125 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 orange, zested
- 20 g sesame seeds
- 20 g pepitas
- 60 g buckinis (activated buckwheat)
- 60 g cacao nibs
- 8 egg yolks (from 60-65g eggs)
- 250 g caster sugar
- 1 orange, zested and juiced
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 150 g pouring (whipping) cream
- 500 g Mascarpone cheese (see Tip)
- 150 g Walnut and cacao nib dukkah
- 350 g fresh fruit, for garnishing
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
- Preheat oven to 150°C. Line a baking tray (30 x 40 cm) with baking paper and set aside.
- Place pistachios, walnuts, sugar, cinnamon and orange zest into mixing bowl and blend 2 sec/speed 4.
- Add sesame seeds, pepitas, buckinis and cacao nibs and stir with aid of spatula to combine. Transfer onto prepared baking tray and bake for 30-40 minutes (150°C) until lightly toasted, stirring two or three times to ensure even cooking.
- Remove from oven to cool. Once completely cool, transfer into a sealable container. Shake well to mix before using.
- Insert butterfly whisk. Place egg yolks, sugar, zest and juice of lemon and orange into mixing bowl and cook 11 min/70°C/speed 3, then mix 3 min/speed 3, to cool egg mixture. Remove butterfly whisk and transfer into a large bowl.
- Without cleaning mixing bowl, place mascarpone into mixing bowl and mix 10 sec/speed 3. Transfer into large bowl with egg mixture, but do not mix. Set aside.
- Thoroughly clean and dry mixing bowl and allow to cool for 3-4 minutes. Insert butterfly whisk. Place cream into mixing bowl and whip 10-30 sec/speed 4 or until thickened, watching through hole in mixing bowl lid to avoid overwhipping. Transfer onto mascarpone-egg mixture and carefully fold through.
- Transfer mixture into a loaf tin (30 x 8 x 11 cm) and place into freezer for a minimum of 12 hours or overnight to set.
- To serve: remove from freezer and set aside for 10 minutes. Unmold onto a serving platter, sprinkle with reserved dukkah and garnish with fresh fruit.
Walnut and cacao nib dukkah
Remove your mascarpone from refrigerator 30 minutes before using to allow to come to room temperature.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Choc Orange Bliss Balls
- Strawberry Tiramisu (kids friendly, no alcohol)
- Chocolate self saucing pudding
- Green Tea Panna Cotta
- Znoud el sit
- Variation Rice Pudding - recipe adapted to properly mix in the egg!
- Pineapple Rice Pudding
- Variation LEMON CHEESECAKE
- Allergy Friendly Chocolate Balls
- Banana Tart
- Lotus biscuit kenef
- Apricot Nectar Cheesecake - No bake/unbaked
- Tostadas - Jo Whitton
- Spiced pear jam and chorizo
- Barbecued pork ribs
- Satay noodle salad
- Taco seasoning
- Chocolate fondant cake
- Cheat's sourdough
- Spicy beef noodle soup (TM6 only)- Chef Mark Southon
- Sous vide fillet of beef with mushroom custard (TM6 only) - Chef Mark Southon
- Mashed potatoes
- Chiang mai noodles
- Spiced chocolate doughnuts - Louise Keats