THERMOMIX ® RECIPE
- 130 g pitted dates, dried
- Boiling water
- 65 g walnuts
- 35 g seeds, hemp
- 2 tsp green powder, Plus about a tsp for rolling in. I used Vital Greens, Organic Greens
- 20 g cacao powder, raw
- salt, sea, fine, pinch
1. Soak the dates in the boiling water, to soften and moisten.
2. Add 50g of walnuts to the TM bowl and crush, speed 7/3 seconds.
3. Drain off the dates then add to the bowl, along with the hemp seeds. Mix speed 7/4 seconds.
4. Add green powder, cacao, vanilla and salt. Mix speed 7/10 seconds. It'll be quite sticky and doughy. You may need to scrap down the bowl.
5. Add the remaining 15g walnuts. If the dough is too dry, add a teaspoon or two of water or coconut oil. Chop speed 5/3 seconds (if you don't like the walnut chunks, feel free to skip this step).
6. Roll into bite sized balls. To dust with the greens, put about a teaspoon of the powder on a plate. Lightly tap a few sides of the balls in it, then roll in your palms again to distribute. You want them looking a little green, but not get a mouthful of powder!
7. Move to the freezer to cool and firm for at least an hour. Eat straight from the fridge or freezer.
Accessories you need
To make cleaning up easier, add leftover boiling water to the TM bowl and blitz. The hot water will dissolve off the sticky dates better than cold.
My toddler loves bliss balls, but I worry he's getting a hit of sugar and little goodness. These balls were created with him in mind, to ensure he gets some nutrition with his treat.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Nanna's Tea Cake
- Strawberry and watermelon cake with vanilla cream (recipe by Nico Moretti)
- Choc mint cheese cake
- Quick fruit sponge
- Pretty in pink - ruby chocolate dessert
- Strawberry Cheesecake - no bake
- Classic chocolate fudge
- Vegan Peanut Butter/Caramel Sauce
- Raw Coconut Rough - paleo & vegan
- Chocolate & Peppermint Bliss Balls
- Raw Blueberry Cashew Cheesecake (Dairy Free)
- Mango, coconut and lychee icy poles