- 180 g biscuits
- 100 g melted butter, homemade is nicest
- 70 g lemon juice, freshly squeezed is nicest
- 500 g cream cheese
- 400 g condensed milk, homemade is nicest
- candied lemon peel, for decoration
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Crush biscuits speed 9 20 secs
add melted butter and mix 6 sec speed 6, scrape sides and repeat
press in to a 20cm cake tin (or 4 mini cake tins)
add cream cheese beat 30 secs speed 5
add condensed milk mix 30 secs speed 5
(scraping down when necessary)
add lemon juice mix 30 secs speed 5
Pour filling on chilled base and set in fridge for 6 hours approx or overnight
Cut into fine strips and put in saucepanCover with boiling water & soak 10 mins (drain and repeat x3
Last time cover with boiling water and boil on stove for 5 mins
Drain peel and set aside
Put 2 cups sugar in 2 cups boiling water, stir to dissolve sugar. Reduce heat to simmer and add peels. (simmer till white pith is translucent). Store peels in syrup in fridge if you want soft. Or allow them to dry and toss dried peel in additional sugar and store in airtight container till ready to use.
to make base
to make cheesecake
Candied lemon peel
as an alternative to candied peel, top with chocolate shavings, strawberries or whipped cream
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Deliciously thick Chocolate Custard
- Choc Orange Bliss Balls
- Strawberry Tiramisu (kids friendly, no alcohol)
- Chocolate self saucing pudding
- Green Tea Panna Cotta
- Znoud el sit
- Variation Rice Pudding - recipe adapted to properly mix in the egg!
- Pineapple Rice Pudding
- Variation LEMON CHEESECAKE
- Allergy Friendly Chocolate Balls
- Banana Tart
- Lotus biscuit kenef
- Choccy Rocks - Janine - Thermie and Friends
- Arnott's Monte Carlo Biscuits - Recipe by Arnotts, Converted to Thermomix by Janine Smith - Thermie and Friends
- Janine's Chocolate Crackles (copha free) - Thermie and Friends
- Janine's Kiss Biscuits - Thermie and Friends
- Sweet Vanilla and Orange Trail Mix
- Evelyns Chocolate Ripple Biscuits
- Nua Phad Prik Thai Onn - Pepper Beef Stirfry
- Tom Kha Gai
- Amelia's Macadate Biscuits - Thermie and Friends
- Jaffa Hot Chocolate
- Apricot Jam
- Midori Illusion