- 3 egg whites, (approx 90 g)
- 60 g sugar
- 1 pinch fine salt
- 200 - 400 g cream, (pouring, whipping)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Mill sugar a few seconds Speed 8.
In a super clean bowl, insert butterfly and whip egg whites with salt and sugar a maximum of 3 minutes 37C Speed 3.5 until thick.
NB: Can be be made with no sugar or if wanting cooked egg whites for long term storage or dietary needs, cook at 75C.
Set aside to cool in a large mixing bowl.
Add cream to cool (no need to wash) bowl and whip with vanilla exttract until thick and holding shape, however not too firm!
NB: Less cream will give you a lighter/fluffier ice-cream vs a thicker/firmer texture with the full 400g.
- Add cream to egg white mixing bowl and gently fold together.
Accessories you need
Ratio of ingredients is fairly flexible, low cream:meringue ratio gives a lighter texture and higher cream gives a firmer result.
Good recipe for those who arent keen on lot's of sugar/milk/egg yolk and to use up excess egg whites (store excess egg whites in freezer in small ziplock bags). Frozen egg whites can be broken up on Speed 2 a few seconds before adding butterfly and sugar to whip as p recipe - no need to thaw.
Serving: Texture doesnt go icy due to the high fat content and is easy to slice with a hot knife. It unmoulds well (dip in hot water a few seconds if needed) and holds a good shape. I usually set mine in a silastic loaf/cake pan and unmould (without having to dip in hot water) onto a plattter for slicing/serving.
Flavour the cream before whipping with a 2-4 tablespoons of liqueur (Bailey's, Masarla, Cointreau etc).
Fold nuts, chocolate bits or honeycomb through for added texture.
Layer with small pieces of fruit or place a layer on the base.
Decoratively swirl fruit puree (as p my photo), maple syrup or caramel/chocolate sauce in the freezing container.
Make ice-cream sandwiches for kids (or with liqueur for adults) using your favourite chocolate/ginger biscuits.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Breakfast Bliss Balls
- Easy Peasy Chocolate Mousse
- Strawberry Chia Pudding
- White chocolate mousse logs
- All American Chocolate Shake
- White Chocolate & Coconut Custard
- Quick Freezer Chocolate
- Quick Reliable Fudge
- Mums Chocolate Self Saucing Pudding
- Redskin Fudge
- Sticky Date Pudding
- Orange, Blueberry & Nut Cake
- Irish Muffins (aka Rock Cakes)
- Creme Fraiche TM5 Automated
- No Knead Sourdough
- Zucchini Chocolate Cake - super moist
- Easy Sourdough Bread
- Cooked Egg Mayonnaise
- Chia Seed Biscuits
- Chia, Prune/Date and Walnut Bites (or Balls)
- Chia, banana and chocolate muffins (egg free)
- Tart Sourdough Bread (incl step pictures)
- Sourdough Spelt Crackers
- Cream Cheese Icing with Treacle
- Pumpkin Soup with Chorizo
- Easy Peasy Chocolate Mousse
- Nanna's Lemon Butter
- Chocolate Layer Cake
- Luscious Chocolate Frosting
- Mississippi mudcake
- Old fashioned Cream buns
- Decadent Fudgy Chocolate Brownie
- Murgh makhani (Butter chicken)
- Sultana Cookies - Gluten, Dairy, Egg and Nut Free
- Peanut butter cream cheese frosting
- Chocolate Coconut Macaroons (Vegan, DF, GF, No refined sugar)