- 1 package milk coffee / marie biscuits
- 150-180 grams Butter
- 70 grams water
- 140 grams full cream milk powder
- 70 grams Butter
- 100 grams brown sugar
- 70 grams golden syrup
- 1-2 Sliced Bananas, to cover caramel
- 400 grams cream, Pure or thickened
- 1-2 tbsp icing sugar, to your preference (not necessary, i don't personally sweeten mine)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1 Flake
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Please have a read through of the Tips before purchasing ingredients and proceeding. They are there to help you get the Ohhh Emmm Geee result. ***If you have questions, please contact me directly via my Facebook page Ali Hammo - Thriving with Thermo *** HAPPY COOKING!
Grease pie/flan dish & set aside
Melt butter (start with 150gm) 1min 30sec 50 deg sp 3
When fully melted, add biscuits whole. Mix 10 sec sp 6
Scrape sides and repeat. The consistency should be that when pinching some together it actually stays together. if not, pop some more butter in until that consistency is reached.
Press base mix into tin (base and sides) and pop in fridge.
I don't rinse bowl at this point.
Pop all ingredients in bowl and cook 22 minutes 90 deg sp 4. Scrape down sides and give it a stir 5 sec sp 3-4
Once cooked, pour over base, smooth and return to fridge.
Add 200ml milk to bowl and cook 4 minutes 80 deg sp 4 if you'd like a hot caramel while the slice cools, if not, rinse and dry bowl.
When caramel is cool and you're ready to serve, slice bananas and arrange over caramel.
Add cream, vanilla and icing sugar(if using) to bowl, 'whip it good' using butterfly, sp3. (thickened cream is 30 seconds sp 3). Keep a close eye on it & don't overbeat. Spread over banana and sprinkle with crushed flake. You're welcome
If wanting to make ahead of time, make the base and pour the caramel over, do the banana & cream fresh before serving.
Don't forget to rate
Caramel quantity can be doubled if using a large pie dish / tin. No extending of time necessary.
You can use whichever biscuits you prefer, Marie or milk coffee biscuits really balance the banoffee. Butternut snaps or choc ripple is yummy, but cut into small pieces as it's super rich!
Full cream milk powder DOES render the BEST result (light/skinny milk powder may not thicken the caramel as well).
Milk Powder is imperative to this recipe, you can not successfully leave it out. I would also suggest NOT attempting to use milk (I've not tested it personally so can not guarantee result, nor offer advice)
I use real block butter, not spreadable (it doesn't need to be expensive, home brand/black & gold is A OK). Spreadable will contain added oils which will impact the consistency and thickness of your caramel (this is super important as it won't be baked in the oven to thicken further)
If using ingredients straight from the fridge, or you'd like a thicker caramel, please extend the cooking time of your caramel by 5-10 minutes, you could also remove the MC too (you won't overcook your caramel)
When making this recipe, you are making your condensed milk and caramel in 1 step which is why there is no condensed milk added.
If you are at all unsure about the consistency of the caramel or have any questions, there is a video on my Facebook page - Ali Hammo - Thriving with Thermo and you're more than welcome to message any questions through.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Quick Mix Vanilla Ice Cream
- Delectable Vanilla Fudge
- Easy Crepe Recipe
- Impossible Pie
- Vegan no bake energy balls (birthday cake) from The Edgy Veg
- Converted Healthy Mummy chocolate weetbix slice
- Lavender Icecream
- No-bake hazelnut slice
- White Nectarine & Pink Lady Sorbet
- Gluten Free Fruit Crumble
- Self Saucing Chocolate Pudding
- Black sticky rice with taro & blue matcha ice cream - Chef Luke Nguyen
- OMG Ali's Savoury Scones
- Ohhh Emmm Geee Caramel Mars Bar Slice
- Ohhh Emmm Geee Chocadamia Caramel Slice
- Ohhh Emmm Geee Chocolate Salted Caramel Melting Moments
- Ohhh Emmm Geee Caramel White Choc & Macadamia Slice
- Ohhh Emmm Geee Choc Salted Caramel Slice
- Ohhh Emmm Geee Ali's No Waste Chicken Roast
- Ohhh Emmm Geee Condensed Milk
- Ohhh Emmm Geee Salted Caramel Truffles
- Ohhh Emmm Geee Choc Salted Caramel Balls
- Ohhh Emmm Geee That's better than Caramel Top N Fill!!
- Ohhh Emmm Geee LCHF Fat Bombs
- Apple and cinnamon muffins
- Gluten Free Anzac Biscuits
- raspberry & coconut slice
- Spinach, bacon and cheese pies (pie-maker)
- Lisa's Banana Muffins
- Hot cross buns
- Green pesto vegetable soup
- Protein bars
- Chocolate Crackle Egg Nests
- Vegan “cheese” puffs
- Sweet curry with crumbed chicken on cous cous
- Claypot Rice