- 30 g flaxseeds
- 2 --- Gluten free Weetbix, or your preferred nuts if you don't need it nut free
- 40 g sesame seeds
- 40 g sunflower seeds
- 40 g pepitas
- 60 g hulled tahini
- 30 g dried goji berries
- 2 pinches Pink Rock Salt
- 30 g dessicated coconut, try to source organic nasties free
- 4 tbsp quinoa, puffed
- 1 tbsp Mesquite Powder
- 1.5 tbsp roasted Carob Powder
- 6 medjool dates, pitted and soaked in water for 5 minutes (reserve water)
- 20 g Pure Maple Syrup
- 5 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tbsp water, previously reserved from dates soaking
- 1 tbsp dessicated coconut, for rolling (optional)
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
- Add flaxseeds to MC on, mill 15 seconds, speed 9.
- Add cereals, sunflower seeds, sesame seeds, pepitas, goji berries, hulled tahini and salt to the - MC on, 5 seconds, speed 7.
- Add dessicated coconut, puffed quinoa, mesquite powder and carob powder to the - MC on, 5 secconds, speed 3, on
- Add maple syrup, coconut oil, 1 tbsp water and dates to MC on, 5 seconds, speed 8 (or stop sooner if the mixture comes together quicker)
- Test mixture by squeezing a small portion in your hand, if it holds together quite well you can continue to the next step. If you feel it needs a touch more moisture, you can add a tablespoon of the date water leftover from soaking.
- Tip mixture into another bowl/jug and with wet hands either roll into small to medium size balls as pictured, or press into the Thermomix snack bar moulds. If your hands become sticky, wet them again. If you roll into balls, you can then roll again into more coconut, but this is optional. Some people do this in a bowl, others put the coconut and protein balls into a zip lock bag to make it quicker.
- Refridgerate or place into the freezer.
The cereals in this recipe are optional. Not everyone eats prepackaged cereals.
If you prefer you can omit them and replace with extra seeds and puffed quinoa. Or if you can have nuts you can replace the cereal with your choice of nuts (almonds, cashews, brazil nuts)
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Quick Cacao & Peppermint Bliss Balls - Nut & Dairy Free
- White Chocolate and Coconut Rice Pudding
- Russian Honey Cake
- Wagon Wheel slice
- Nut Butter Mousse
- Unicorn balls
- Heavenly Chocolate Fudge Protein Slice
- Vanilla Slice Italian
- Chocolate on Chocolate Cheescake
- Chocolate Custard
- Easy automated yogurt - TM5
- Jaffa Cheesecake Slice
- Spiced Ginger Mojito
- Tuna Mornay with Hidden Vegetables
- 'Ginger FREE' gingerbread - Gluten Free, Nut Free, Dairy Free
- Mushroom, Leek and Bacon Risotto
- Taylor's Healthy Lunchbox Bliss Balls / Bars - gluten free, nut free, dairy free
- San Choy Bow (Allergy Friendly)
- Tuna and Cannellini Bean Dip - (Dairy Free, Gluten Free)
- Berry Cheesecake - Allergy Friendly - (Dairy Free, Gluten Free, Nut Free, Cocoa Free, Soy Free)
- Avocado Hommus
- Tomato, Chorizo and Zucchini Risotto
- Chicken and Spinach Risotto
- Curry Pea Soup
- Pumpkin & Chickpea Coconut Curry
- Peanut and Soba Noodle Wonton Cups
- Porridge for Two - with spiced fruit
- Roasted Capsicum and Tomato soup with Goats Cheese
- Apricot Slice
- Wagon Wheel slice
- Capsicum and Potato Tortillas with Olive Tapenade
- Fruit Bread
- CHEESY CHEESY MACARONI
- Variation Pumpkin, Pancetta & Pea Risotto (or 3P Risotto!)
- Japanese milk bread