- 3 sheets Puff pastry
- 200 g sugar
- 90 g cornflour
- 75 g custard powder
- 1 litres Milk (Full Cream)
- 60 g Butter
- 2 egg yolks, (save whites for icing)
- 3 tsp vanilla essence
- 200 g icing sugar, (or make your own)
- 2 egg whites, (saved from previous step)
- 30 g dark chocolate
- 5 g Butter
Preheat oven to 220 degrees C
Place pastry flat on a tray and bake till golden
Once cooked press flat and allow to cool
Get rectangle slice tin and line the base and sides with baking paper
Place one and a half sheets of cooked pastry on the base (cut to size if needed)
- Add sugar, cornflour, custard powder and milk to your Thermomix and cook 8 mins, 90 degrees, speed 4
- add egg yolks and cook 5 mins 100degrees speed 4
Allow to cool for a few minutes (not too long or it will set) then pour custard over prepared pastry base.
Top custard with remaining pastry on top and pop in fridge to set
Once custard set, make icing
Put icing sugar and egg white in Thermomix and mix 1 minute speed 4. (add more sugar if need be - it will depend on size of your eggs you want it spreadable but not too runny)
Spread on vanilla slice
Optional icing decoration extra -
Melt chocolate in microwave and stir though butter.
Once melted place in piping bag either:
* spread thinly and mix with white icing on top; or
* pipe lines on top of white and drag a knife through to make patterns; or
* pipe in zig zags on wet white icing.
* or however you want to decorate
Place in fridge to set
- Once all set cut into squares with a sharp knife and enjoy!
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Cale's Crepes
- Chocolate icecream
- Chocolate Brownie
- Heydon's Crepes
- Golden Syrup Dumplings-Using Simmering Basket
- Golden Syrup Dumplings using Blade Cover
- Banana & Hazelnut Icecream
- Caramilky Cheesecake
- Variation of Jamie Oliver’s Sticky Date Toffee Pudding
- Caramilk Ice Cream
- Caramilk Mousse with strawberries
- Caramilk baked cheesecake
- Choccy Rocks - Janine - Thermie and Friends
- Arnott's Monte Carlo Biscuits - Recipe by Arnotts, Converted to Thermomix by Janine Smith - Thermie and Friends
- Janine's Chocolate Crackles (copha free) - Thermie and Friends
- Janine's Kiss Biscuits - Thermie and Friends
- Sweet Vanilla and Orange Trail Mix
- Lemon Cheescake
- Evelyns Chocolate Ripple Biscuits
- Nua Phad Prik Thai Onn - Pepper Beef Stirfry
- Tom Kha Gai
- Amelia's Macadate Biscuits - Thermie and Friends
- Jaffa Hot Chocolate
- Apricot Jam
- Fudgy Chocolate, Beetroot and Banana Cupcakes
- Marion Grasby's Spicy Sichuan Wontons
- Lotus Biscoff Spread
- Variation Donna Hay's Salted Caramel and Vanilla Baked Cheesecake
- Batter (for Sweet and Sour/ Honey Sesame/ fish etc)
- Applesauce muffins
- Cale's Crepes
- Thermo Cazza's Crumble Mixture
- Layelles Too Easy Moist Date & Coconut Loaf
- Citrus Fruit Mamalade
- Fish with ginger, chilli and soy dressing.
- FLUFFY WHOLEMEAL ROLLS