- 100 grams Dried Elderberries
- 700 grams filtered water
- 4 slices fresh ginger, 5mm thick
- 2 sticks cinnamon
- 3 cloves
- 300 grams Manuka or raw honey
8Recipe is created for
1. Add elderberries, ginger, cinnamon sticks and cloves
2. Blitz on speed 9 for 10 seconds.
3. add water
4. 5 min 100°c speed 4
5. 30 min 60°c speed 4 (to simmer and reduce.
6. Before the liquid cools, strain it through a fine mesh strainer. (or muslin cloth) into your storage jar/bottle
7. Allow the liquid to cool to a MAX of 50°c – around 30°c is best (to preserve the enzymes in the raw honey), add the honey to the mix and gently shake to combine.
8. Store in a jar in the fridge for a few weeks. For longer storage, freeze into ice cube trays to defrost for later use. Mix amount acording to taste into a glass of water for a delicious drink, or see tip below.
If using fresh berries, use 250g fresh berries, and 450g water.
Elderberry syryp is fantastic "food as medecine" for cold and flu prevention and treatment. Children over 1 take 1/2 - 1 tsp daily, adults 1/2 - 1 TBSP daily for prevention. If flu/cold does strike, increase the frequency to every 3-4 hours for the duration.
Raw/manuka honey is a great antibacterial, but the amount can be reduced for less sweetness.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Breakfast Bliss
- Best South African Milktart (Melktert)
- Power Protein Balls
- Arroz Doce - Portuguese rice pudding
- White chocolate and macadamia nut cookies
- Choc chip and walnut cookies
- Allergy Friendly Banana Bread
- Nut-Free Granola Bars
- Celebration saffron and sage bread with ginger butter
- Egyptian Beetroot Dip
- MULLED CIDER
- Gunnadoo raw Muesli