- 100 grams Dried Elderberries
- 700 grams filtered water
- 4 slices fresh ginger, 5mm thick
- 2 sticks cinnamon
- 3 cloves
- 300 grams Manuka or raw honey
8Recipe is created for
1. Add elderberries, ginger, cinnamon sticks and cloves
2. Blitz on speed 9 for 10 seconds.
3. add water
4. 5 min 100°c speed 4
5. 30 min 60°c speed 4 (to simmer and reduce.
6. Before the liquid cools, strain it through a fine mesh strainer. (or muslin cloth) into your storage jar/bottle
7. Allow the liquid to cool to a MAX of 50°c – around 30°c is best (to preserve the enzymes in the raw honey), add the honey to the mix and gently shake to combine.
8. Store in a jar in the fridge for a few weeks. For longer storage, freeze into ice cube trays to defrost for later use. Mix amount acording to taste into a glass of water for a delicious drink, or see tip below.
If using fresh berries, use 250g fresh berries, and 450g water.
Elderberry syryp is fantastic "food as medecine" for cold and flu prevention and treatment. Children over 1 take 1/2 - 1 tsp daily, adults 1/2 - 1 TBSP daily for prevention. If flu/cold does strike, increase the frequency to every 3-4 hours for the duration.
Raw/manuka honey is a great antibacterial, but the amount can be reduced for less sweetness.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Speedy Cold Brew Coffee and tip to turn it into Nitro Cold Brew
- Malted Choc
- Green Chia Smoothie
- Vanillacino Frosty
- Mint Slice Martini
- Orange Pineapple Juice
- Vanilla Chai Spice Mix
- Turmeric Latte Powder
- Thick hot chocoate
- Variation kalhua
- Berry and Banana Breakfast Smoothie
- Golden latte the ThermoMonts way.
- Fruit Bread
- Nutella Lava Doughnut Cake
- Moist Blueberry, Apple & Coconut Dairy Free Muffins
- PIMPs Apple Sauce
- Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Sugar Free Apple and Berry Muffins
- Banana oat cookies (dairy free, egg free, nut free)
- Fresh Turmeric & Ginger Golden Paste
- Devilled Sausages (Healthy Mummy style)
- Spiced lamb flatbread
- Apple Crumble Bliss Balls
- Zucchini Brownies