- 100 grams Dried Elderberries
- 700 grams filtered water
- 4 slices fresh ginger, 5mm thick
- 2 sticks cinnamon
- 3 cloves
- 300 grams Manuka or raw honey
40minPreparation 5minBaking/Cooking 35min
8Recipe is created for
1. Add elderberries, ginger, cinnamon sticks and cloves
2. Blitz on speed 9 for 10 seconds.
3. add water
4. 5 min 100°c speed 4
5. 30 min 60°c speed 4 (to simmer and reduce.
6. Before the liquid cools, strain it through a fine mesh strainer. (or muslin cloth) into your storage jar/bottle
7. Allow the liquid to cool to a MAX of 50°c – around 30°c is best (to preserve the enzymes in the raw honey), add the honey to the mix and gently shake to combine.
8. Store in a jar in the fridge for a few weeks. For longer storage, freeze into ice cube trays to defrost for later use. Mix amount acording to taste into a glass of water for a delicious drink, or see tip below.
If using fresh berries, use 250g fresh berries, and 450g water.
Elderberry syryp is fantastic "food as medecine" for cold and flu prevention and treatment. Children over 1 take 1/2 - 1 tsp daily, adults 1/2 - 1 TBSP daily for prevention. If flu/cold does strike, increase the frequency to every 3-4 hours for the duration.
Raw/manuka honey is a great antibacterial, but the amount can be reduced for less sweetness.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Espresso Martini
- Banana Breakfast Smoothie
- Alkalising Green Smoothie
- Intense Expresso Jaffa Mud Slide Martini
- Almond & Oat Milk
- Caramel Hot Chocolate
- Green Smoothie
- Cold and Flu Remedy
- Macadamia and Banana Smoothie - Adapted from Pete Evans Family Favourites
- Green Smoothie
- Frozen Mojito Cocktail
- Superfood Bowl
- Banana Bread
- South Indian Chicken Biryani
- Gluten Free Apple Cinnamon Quinoa Bars
- Lamington Nut Free Lunchbox Bliss Balls
- Pete Evans Chia Porridge
- Fat Head Danish (LCHF, GF)
- Maple Butter
- Carrot and Pineapple Cupcakes
- Mini Victoria Sponge cake and Mini Tea cake
- Lemon & Poppyseed Spiced Biscuits
- Sweet Potato Pudding (healthy version of plum pudding)
- LSA Porridge