- 1kg Breast fillets, Cubed
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 cup honey
- sesame seeds, For garnishing
- 250 grams water
- 150 grams Self Raising Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- to taste pepper
- 1 egg
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
This is time consuming and makes a lot, if you don't need so much halve the recipe.!!
If you can plan ahead, I recommend chopping up the chicken and preparing the batter early to reduce the amount of time needed. I also make my fried rice a day before, not only for better flavour, but it can be hectic making fried rice and the honey chicken If you don't allocate enough prep time.
1) Cut the chicken breast into small chunks, not too large as the batter will burn before the chicken is cooked through.
2) Add the water and egg to the jug and mix 10 sec speed 5 to combine. Add the SR flour, salt and pepper to the jug. Mix 30 sec speed 5 to combine to a smooth batter. Pour batter into a large bowl. Set aside.
Add oil to a large pan, deep enough to shallow fry the chicken, or alternatively if you have a deep fryer, heat that up to 180'C.
While oil is heating:
3) Coat chicken in the corn flour. Once all the chicken is coated in the cornflour, then dip into the batter and immediately place into the hot oil. Place a few pieces in at a time.
Dont over crowd the pan as this will reduce the temperature of the oil too much, esp if you are shallow frying in a pan.
Turn chicken until the batter is golden and evenly cooked. Test a piece of chicken to ensure it is cooked thoroughly. Remove and place onto paper towel to drain excess oil. Continue frying chicken.
(You can place the chicken on a tray on LOW in the oven to keep warm whilst cooking the remaining chicken)
4) Once you have fried all the chicken, have it ready next to you to place into the honey sauce as you need to work quickly not to burn the honey.
Place the oil and honey in a large pan on a medium heat to gently simmer, stir gently, once the honey starts to bubble, throw all the chicken in the fry pan and gently toss to coat in the honey sauce. Be careful not to be too rough so the batter doesnt fall off.
5) Once the chicken is evenly coated, sprinkle with sesame seeds and serve immediately. Enjoy.!!
If you don't need approx 8 portions halve the recipe.
The best oil to use for the honey sauce is peanut oil, rice bran oil or a vegetable oil. Dont use olive oil as it has a stronger flavour so will affect the taste.
Vegetable oils can be used for frying. For best results to avoid oily chicken, ensure the oil is very hot. If oil isn't hot enough, it won't seal the batter when it enters the oil, it will slowly bubble resulting in oil being absorbed. This will make a soggy batter and oily chicken.
Rice malt syrup can be substituted for the honey. Depending what honey you use, will vary sweetness. I prefer darker honey as it isn't sickly sweet like the lighter ones.
Gluten free version- use gluten free SR flour and gluten free corn flour.
If you dont have a deep fryer you want the oil atleast an inch deep in your fry pan to ensure there's enough oil to cook the batter so it will be light and crispy.
To avoid excess dishes place cornflour and batter in ziplock bags.!!
This recipe was inspired by AWW honey prawns
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Chicken in Peanut Sauce
- Pork and Fennel Quinoa Meatballs
- Chicken and Bacon Creamy Sauce - Dairy Free
- Beef and Vegetable Rissoles
- Chicken Enchilada Quinoa
- Shish Kebab Marinade
- Mum's Curried Chicken
- Shanghainese Sweet Sour Pork Ribs 上海糖醋排骨
- SUI MAI DUMPLING 烧卖
- Steamed chicken breast, fresh ground polenta, pumpkin foam
- Jen's Cottage Pie
- Finger-Lickin' Good Chicken Rissoles
- Dairy Free Peanut Butter Custard
- No Knead Sourdough
- Squid Ink Bread
- Multigrain Bread
- Hidden Veg Spaghetti Bolognese
- Chewy Almond Biscuits
- Lemon Bundino ( Italian lemon pudding)
- Moroccan Vegiful Quinoa Salad
- Autumn Spiced Sweet Potato and Carrot Soup
- Ohhh Emmm Geee Caramel White Choc & Macadamia Slice
- Yogurt scones
- Hi-Fibre Bread Loaf or Rolls