- 1 Silverside, 1 .5 kgs - to fit comfortably in Varoma Dish
- 1 French Shallots, whole
- 1 onion, Halved
- 1 stick Celery, Roughly chopped
- 1 Large carrot, Roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp Vinegar (malt or white)
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 bay leaves, Optional
- to taste whole cloves, Optional
- to taste Whole Peppercorns, Optional
- 1 1/2 tbsp Vegetable Stock Paste (BCB)
- 1500 g hot water
- parsley stalks
- 400 g Reserved cooking liquid, Strained
- 50 g Butter or Margarine
- 40 g plain flour
- 100 g Milk or cream, Optional
- 1-2 tbsp mustard, I tend to only use 1-2tsp, add to taste
- 3-4 potatoes, Quartered
- 1 sweet potato, Chunks
- pumpkin, Chunks
- Other vegetables of your choice, Broccoli, capsicum, cauliflower, beans etc
12h 50minPreparation 10h 0minBaking/Cooking
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
into Thermomix bowl and chop for
3 sec / 0 / Speed 5
* brown sugar
* parsley stalks
* veg stock concentrate
into Thermomix bowlplace lid into position with Varoma on top
Rinse piece of silverside well under cold water
Place silverside into varoma dish.
Ensure that there is plenty of room around the sides to allow the steam to come through the holdes in the Varoma tray. Please be aware that the meat will swell as it cooks.
I use a few egg rings or cookie cutters under the silverside to lift
Add onion / french shallots to varoma.
Add your prepared vegetables of choice to the varoma dish - placing around silverside (harder vegeatbles at the bottom)
90 min / Varoma / speed 2
Cooking time will vary depending on the size of your silverside .
General rule of thumb is to cook for 30 minutes per 500 grams.
I usually cook a piece approx 1.5kg
After the 90 minutes is up in step 2 - check water levels.
There must be at least 500g water per half hour of steaming time to come.
Check that there is still plenty of room for the steam to escape through the holes in the Varoma tray.
Reset Varoma temperature and add extra time as required by the weight of your silverside if it is over 1.5 plus 30 mins
xx + 30 min / Varoma / Speed 2
OPTIONAL- add an extra 20 - 30 minutes on varoma temperature -speed 2. I find adding this extra time helps make the silverside very tender. (you can skip this option if short on time)
Once Vegetables are cooked - set asside in the thermoserver to keep warm.
Wrap the meat in alfoil to keep extra hot.
use your simmering basket to strain the liquid from the thermomix bowl, discarding the solids and reseving liquid.
No need to clean the bowl.
into thermix bowl and mix
5 seconds / 0 / speed 2
* 350 gram reserved liquid
7 minutes / 100 degrees / speed 4
* cream or milk (if using) or a touch more reserved liquid if sauce is too thick
3 minutes / 100 degrees / speed 4
Cooking Silverside in Varoma (90 minutes)
Check water levels and adjust cooking time (30 mins + weight + options 30 minuts)
Cooking your sauce (16 minutes)
This is our families TM5 variation of the TM5 variation of Tanya Brennan's amazing corn silverside receipe.
Please refer to her receipe for extra hints and tips and leave your comments there. //www.recipecommunity.com.au/recipes/silverside-varoma/108131
This is our families favourite way to cook silverside - the reciepe variation was to enable my children to prepare this meal. Your children may need help with seperating the liquid as it is hot.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Zanzibar Coconut Chicken Curry
- Hainanese Chicken Rice
- Babi Guling - Balinese Roast Pork
- Beef Larb (Spicy Beef Salad)
- Babi Rica - Indonesian Spicy Pork Curry
- Whole Steamed Chicken with Stock
- Leberkäse (Bavarian meat loaf)
- BBQ Chicken & Sweet Potato Meatloaf with Cheesy Centre
- Thai Chicken Burgers
- Traditional Chicken Cacciatore
- Ebony’s Butter Chicken
- Turkey and Ricotta Cannelloni with vegetable sauce
- Baked salmon cheesecake
- Zanzibar Coconut Chicken Curry
- Ginger Lime Prawns - HCG P2 4Phase
- Chinese Style Chicken and Corn Soup
- Variation Chicken Noodle Rice Paper Rolls
- Baked Salmon Risotto
- Variation Tomato Chutney (similar to Beerenberg's)..more zing, less sugar
- Asian Chicken Noodle Soup
- Smoked sausage frittata
- ❤Sausage Rolls❤
- Chicken and prawn noodles
- Infant/toddler brown rice and veggie risotto