- 1 tablespoon Ghee or EVOO
- 1 --- brown onion
- 3 cloves garlic
- 2 heaped tsp garam masala
- 1 heaped tsp cinnamon
- 1 heaped tsp Ground Coriander
- 1 heaped tsp smoked paprika
- 1 heaped tablespoons ginger, or 1cm cube of fresh ginger
- 1 heaped tsp cumin
- 1 heaped tsp tumeric
- 200 g butternut pumpkin
- 1 level tbsp chicken stock, or vegetable stock
- 1 can Diced tomatoes 400g
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 600 g chicken breast, Cut into 4cm pieces
- 2 heaped tablespoons natural or greek yoghurt, or sour cream
- 30 g almonds, or cashews
Mill almonds/cashew on speed 9 for 20 seconds or until desired consistency – set aside for later
Add onion, garlic and ginger (if using fresh ginger) - chop 5 seconds / Speed 7 - scrape down sides
Add oil/ghee and cook for 2 min / 100 deg.C / Speed 1/ reverse
Add all the spices - cook for 1 min / 100 deg.C / Speed 1/ reverse
Add roughly chopped & peeled pumpkin - chop 5 seconds / Speed 7 - scrape down sides
Add stock, tinned tomatoes and tomato paste - cook for 8 minutes / 90 deg.C / Speed 1 / reverse – remove MC and place simmering basket on the top
Add chicken, yoghurt/sour cream, milled almonds/cashews - cook for 10 minutes / 90 deg.C / Speed 1/ reverse – remove MC and place simmering basket on the top
Optional – reduce the amount of chicken and add some diced sweet potato.
Warning the chicken does have a tendancy to shed up.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- British Take-Away Chicken Korma
- Beef Stroganoff
- Chicken & Chorizo Risotto
- Chicken, Chorizo and potato all in one
- Boccongini stuffed meatballs
- Pork and Fennel Ragu
- chicken bacon meatloaf with caper butter sauce
- Chicken noodle balls
- HCG or Keto Beef Chili
- Red Duck Curry with Lychees
- Beef and vegetable stew
- CORNED MEAT, VEGIES & WHITE SAUCE