- 800 g Chicken Thigh Roughly Chopped, 2-3 cm cubes
- 140 g Tikka paste, (Homemade is Best)
- 50 g Butter
- 2 large onions, Peeled and Halved
- 2 Large Fresh Green Chillies, Tops removed, and halved
- 3 cm piece of ginger, Peeled
- 3 garlic cloves, Peeled
- 3 teaspoon Ground Coriander
- 2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground tumeric, Or 2 inches of fresh tumeric peeled
- 1 tablespoon Vege Stock Concentrate
- 80 g tomato puree
- 500 g pure cream
- 130 g raw cashews
Describe the preparation steps of your recipe
Marinate the chicken pieces in the Tikka Paste. You can do this the day before, or straight away. I find the flavour more explosive if you leave it over night though.
Weigh the 50g Butter into the TM Bowl, and melt for 1 minute | Varoma | Speed 1
Add the Onions, Chillies, Ginger, Garlic, and if using fresh tumeric - Add this now also. Chop for 6 Seconds / Speed 6. Scrape down the sides of the bowl and cook for 3 minutes | Varoma Temperature | Speed 2 with the MC off
Making sure you don't get the spices on the top of the blades, add the Ground coriander, ground cumin and ground tumeric if you're not using fresh and cook for 5 minutes | Varoma | Speed 2. MC In Place
Add the tomato puree, vege stock, pure cream and chicken. Cook for 20 Minutes | 100 Degrees | |
Once it is finished cooking, use the rice basket to drain off excess liquid and pour into a measuring jug / bowl with a lip. Place the remainder of the butter chicken mix into the Thermoserver and place aside. Pop the TM bowl back in place and weigh in the raw cashews (Use less Cashews then the recommended if you don't want it as thick) and add the liquid from the Butter Chicken mix. Puree for 1 minute | Speed 9.
Using your spatula mix thickened mixture through the Butter Chicken in your Thermoserver.
Enjoy x Nadia
For extra spice you can add additional Chillies
Serve with Rice and Pappadums
The longer the chicken is left marinated in the TIKKA paste, the better I find the flavour to be
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Variation Chicken Laksa
- Curried mince with rice
- Chicken in Cream mushroom sauce
- Marinated Spicy Pork Ribs
- Variation Variation Variation Sambousek (Lebanese meat pies)
- Variation Variation Sambousek (Lebanese meat pies)
- Variation Sambousek (Lebanese meat pies)
- Sambousek (Lebanese meat pies)
- Satay Chicken in Hurry
- Potato bake
- Chicken in Peanut Sauce
- Pork and Fennel Quinoa Meatballs
- Tim Tam and Peanut Butter Brownie
- Raw Peanut Butter Bliss Balls
- Nadias' Tomato Sauce
- Rawlicious Raspberry Cheesecake
- Mango and Berry Smoothie
- Cinnamon and Cranberry Buns
- Cranberry and Macadamia Stuffing
- Cranberry, Pistachio and White Chocolate Bark
- Santas' Stew
- Nadias' Tikka Paste
- Nadias' Sweet Chilli, Ham and Cheese Scrolls
- Lime Aioli