- 100 g bacon, roughly sliced
- 1 onion, halved (150 - 200 gr)
- 1 clove garlic, or 1 teaspoon garlic mince
- 2 tablespoon Vegetable stock paste
- 1 teaspoon salt, omit when using my garlic mince
- 1 pinch freshly ground back pepper, to taste
- 40 g olive oil
- 1 litre water
- 1 bottle beer
- 4 potatoes, quartered
- 2 carrots, cut to pieces
- 1.5 kg pork roast - rind on
2h 45minPreparation 15minBaking/Cooking
Recipe is created for
1. Bacon, Onion and garlic (mince)* 5 sec/sp 5
2. add Vege Stock, salt (if not using garlic mince), pepper and olive oil - saute for 5 min/100C/speed 1 (MC off).
3. Add 250 gr of the beer and 500 ml of the water to the TM bowl.
4. Put two forks across the bottom of the Varoma dish and put pork roast (rind side up) on top of the forks. This way the holes are not blocked and the steam can come through. Then arrange the carrots and potatoes around the meat. Put Varoma on top of the bowl and cook 60 minutes/Varoma temp/speed 1.
5. Add rest of the beer (roughly 100 gr) plus 500 gr (or more) water until you've reached the 1.5 litre mark. Cook again 60 min/Varoma/speed1.
6. Heat up your oven (fan + grill) to 250C.
7. Put the Pork roast, rind side up in a heat proof roast pan, put potatoes, carrots around and add the liquid from the bowl to the meat/vegetables. Leave in there until the rind has formed crackling (around 30 min, depending on your oven).
8. Meanwhile - without washing the bowl, make some (sweet-)potato mash in the TM. This step is optional.
9. Once crackling is done, take the meat out and put it aside to rest.
10. Put liquid and vegetables from the roast back into TM bowl (no need to wash the bowl in between those steps) and make the gravy. Carefully increase the speed from 1 - 10 and blend for 1 minute. MC on.
11. If you prefer a darker gravy - ad one teaspoon cocoa powder in step 10 (optional).
Serve with potato mash or other vegetables of choice and enjoy!
Steam some vegetables whilst the roast is in the oven.
* see recipe for minced garlic in one of my other posts
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Variation Balti Beef Curry
- Beef and Vegetable Puree 6 months+
- Our favourite Curried Sausages
- POT STICKERS (PAN FRIED DUMPLINGS)
- Satay Chicken
- Simple version of Lala's Creamy Lemon Butter Chicken
- Satay Recipe
- Beef Rotolo
- Asian Style Chicken Burgers
- Chicken, Mushroom & Sweet Potato Bake
- Massaman Curry Paste
- Peanut crusted chicken
- Crunchy French baguettes
- Creamy tomato bisque
- Quick and easy Chinese chicken & corn soup
- Banana Muffin - Cafe Style
- Variation Balti Beef Curry
- Fudgy Paleo Brownie
- Easy Chocolate Slice
- Self Saucing Chocolate Pudding
- SUTLIJASH (RICE PUDDING)
- Almond Sushi “Rice”
- Elles Ultimate Chocolate Cake
- Brie and Salmon quiche