- 1 chicken, 1.2kg (small)
- 270 g soy sauce
- 4 tbsp Chinese wine
- 15 g fresh ginger, peeled and sliced
- 3 cloves garlic
- 3 star anise
- 2 cm cinnamon stick
- 1 1/2 tbsp sugar
- 900 g Boiling water
- 3 spring onions, sliced into 2 sm lengths
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1/2 tsp pepper
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Place soy sauce, wine , ginger, star anise, cinnamon, sugar and water in bowl and cook for 10 mins / 100C /
Remove parson's nose from chicken. Carefully place chicken in Bowl, bottom end down over and round the blades. Do not tear the skin.
Place the spring onions into the cavity through the opening in the neck.
Put the lid on the bowl and top up with water through the hole in the lid until the sauce just covers the chicken. There should be about 2cm clearance from the top of the bowl.
Cook 30 mins / 90C /
Place an inverted bowl or cup over the hole in the lid and leave the chicken in the TM bowl for a further 30 mins. Then remove the chicken from the bowl being careful not to tear the skin.
When the chicken has cooled sufficiently, cut into pieces and season with the sesame oil and pepper.
Reserve a little stock to serve with the chicken. Strain the remaining stock and keep in the fridge for future use.
Recipe from " A Taste of Asia - Authentic Chinese Cooking" by Thermomix
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Chicken in Peanut Sauce
- Pork and Fennel Quinoa Meatballs
- Chicken and Bacon Creamy Sauce - Dairy Free
- Beef and Vegetable Rissoles
- Chicken Enchilada Quinoa
- Shish Kebab Marinade
- Mum's Curried Chicken
- Shanghainese Sweet Sour Pork Ribs 上海糖醋排骨
- SUI MAI DUMPLING 烧卖
- Steamed chicken breast, fresh ground polenta, pumpkin foam
- Jen's Cottage Pie
- Finger-Lickin' Good Chicken Rissoles
- Reduced Sugar Banana Muffins
- Tuna Patties with Sunflower & Pepita Crumb
- Mel's Sticky Date Pudding
- Chicken & sweet corn soup
- Chicken Croquettes (like Mama makes)
- Cheese Sticks with a twist
- Best Ever Creamy Tomato & Bacon Soup
- Black Forest Scrolls
- Creole Style Jambalaya
- Easy Apple Cake
- Virgin Lychee Sorbet Cocktail adapted from festive class
- Dairy Free Peanut Butter Custard