- 4-6 Lamb Shanks, (as many that will fit easily into your Varoma)
- 1 brown onion
- 3 cloves garlic
- 50 grams oil
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp Ground Coriander
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 litre Bone Broth or Water
- 1 tbsp TM veg stock
- 100 grams tomato paste
- 200 grams dates
Place onion and garlic into the bowl and chop on Speed 7 for 5 seconds. Add oil and dry spices: sauté for 5 minutes / Varoma / Speed 1.
Add Broth or Water to the bowl.
Place the lid on the bowl and arrange the lamb shanks in the Varoma on top (no need for the top tray). Cook for 60 minutes / Varoma / Speed 1.5.
When finished, remove the Varoma. Add Tomato paste, TM Stock & Dates to the bowl. Put the lid on the bowl and place the Varoma back on top.
Cook for a further 60 minutes / Varoma / Speed 2.
Checking ½ way to make sure there is still enough liquid in the bowl : you may need to top up with a little extra water (100ml) depending on the thickness of your sauce.
Serve with mash pumpkin and wilted greens.
For an extra smooth sauce feel free to puree it at the end.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- SkyEats Easiyo CoYo - Coconut Yoghurt
- SkyEats Sourdough Starter & Leaven
- SkyEats Sourdough Bread
- Decadent Strawberry Upside Down Cake - Paleo, Grain Free, Sugar Free
- Paleo Cinnamon Macadamia Donuts
- SkyEats Paleo Grain-free Seed Hamburger / Jumbo / Sandwich Bread Rolls
- Paleo Chewy Choc-Chip Cookies ; Nut Gluten & Egg Free
- Kiwifruit Chicken Korma Curry
- Sweet and sour pork with steamed rice
- Hunker Begendi
- Stuffed Capsicums with Tomato, Mince & Rice
- Creamy Bacon & Pesto Pasta Sauce
- Refined Sugar Free Muesli Bars
- My Grandma`s Cheese Cake
- Banana Oat Cookies
- Nut free Muesli Bars
- Genovese pasta
- Peanut butter and popcorn muesli bars
- Soph’s Pasta Sauce