- 100 grams raw almonds
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 onion, quartered
- 550 grams eggplant, 3-4 cm chunks
- 400 grams tomatoes, tin (diced)
- 30 grams tomato paste
- 30 grams Vegetable stock paste
- 150 grams red wine, (can use water instead)
- 100 grams tomato passata
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp chilli flake, dried
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 package spaghetti, to serve
- parsley, fresh, to serve
- Parmesan cheese, to serve
- 1. Add almonds to TM bowl. Chop 3 seconds, speed 9. Pour contents into separate bowl, keep aside (it's fine if there are still a few chunks, add extra time on if you want a smoother consistency)
2. Without washing bowl, add garlic & onion. Chop 5 seconds, speed 5. Scrape down. Pour out into separate bowl.
3. Without washing bowl, place TM Blade Cover into place. Put onion & garlic back in TM bowl and add 350 grams of the eggplant (keep aside 200g for later). Add the tin tomatoes, tomato paste, vegetable stock, red wine (or water), tomato passata, oregano, chilli flakes & cinnamon. Place simmering basket on top of lid (instead of MC).
Cook 1 hour, 98 degrees, reverse, speed 1.
4. Add remaining eggplant (200g) & chopped almonds.
Cook 20 minutes, 98 degrees, reverse, speed 1 (simmering basket on top)
5. While this is cooking, prepare and cook your choice of pasta to serve with the eggplant bolognese.
6. Pour contents on top of pasta. Optional: serve with your choice of cheese & parsley.
Sicilian Eggplant Bolognese (with Spaghetti)
Accessories you need
*This is a TM6 recipe that uses the TM Blade Cover*
The Blade Cover stops the eggplant from being mushy and cooks the sauce perfectly in the first hour.
Feel free to follow our cooking adventures on Instagram or Facebook @thermodudes or visit our website www.thermodudes.com.au - We are Thermomix Consultants based on the Mornington Peninsula.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- SEHAM’S FATTEH
- Iranian Eggplant and Chickpea Stew
- Quorn Chicken Style and Mushroom Stroganoff
- Kisir - Turkish Tabbouli
- Sweet & Sour (not Pork) Cauliflower
- Moroccan eggplant with cauliflower mash
- Beetroot Burgers
- Veggie Loaded Wholefood Pasta Sauce
- The Best Ever Vegan Vegetable Bake
- Onion fritters
- Creamy Coconut Sweet Potato & Chick Pea Curry
- Mum’s “Cheese” and Spinach Pie (GF, DF)